Limelight Forums

Full Version: Community Update and Suggestions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: announcement.png]

Dear Community. 

Limelight has been around for quite some time now nearly 5 years!
It all started back in 2015 and from there we have changed a lot in good and bad ways.

We have learned a lot of things.
Our developers were able to increase their skills, gain experience with backend and frontend systems as our needs increased, we worked to adapt.
Our developers, staff (both current and former) and of course the community itself have spent many hours both working and playing here.

Even though we have just recently expanded with Arma and FiveM, It's been clear we've been slow and sometimes missed the mark, with an Arma server which Arma players weren't interested in, and a FiveM server which has had teething issues.
Despite this, they've been steps to try and offer what the community wants and needs. Players have been saying for years we need to expand into new areas, and that's what we've been trying to do.

That's why we're here, to show we still care and we want to know what community wants. And that is why I'm writing this announcement to reach out to the community and ask you guys what we should focus on?

We've got pages and pages of suggestions for CityRP, and not many developers who can do them. Internet finally got a real job™️, Burnett's been working hard, Faustie's been sending stuff into Space, so we'd need to hire developers, which costs money. Is there anything else that would help CityRP, or are there any ideas on how we can hire?

With that, do you have any ideas for expansions or communities who'd like to work with us? If you've got an idea, or you have a team ready, or even a community who wants to work with us, please, reach out to us.
There's suggestions, you can PM Temar or Internet, or you can drop an email down to info@limelightgaming.net or internet@limelightgaming.net.

TL;DR:
We want to know what the community want. We want your ideas on how to expand. We want your ideas for CityRP.
There's no turning the ship around, it's time to start navigating.
Been with you guys all the way. Looking forward to the ideas by the community!
Have some sort of simple event where everyone is invited just to play City RP 2 normally at once, maybe to try and bring interest back to the server, as I do miss playing it and I am sure others do, but no one has any motivation when there are always 0 people online, so it makes sense to have some sort of booster
We need New content,For example new cars clothing and ext,maby missions that you coud get from MPC so we have something to do at all times of the day/night,And RP-NightsSmile
(Nov 30, 2020, 06:56 PM)Pinky Wrote: [ -> ][Image: announcement.png]

Dear Community. 

It all started back in 2015 and from there we have changed a lot in good and bad ways.

Our developers were able to increase their skills, gain experience with backend and frontend systems as our needs increased, we worked to adapt.
Our developers, staff (both current and former) and of course the community itself have spent many hours both working and playing here.

Even though we have just recently expanded with Arma and FiveM, It's been clear we've been slow and sometimes missed the mark, with an Arma server which Arma players weren't interested in, and a FiveM server which has had teething issues.
Despite this, they've been steps to try and offer what the community wants and needs. Players have been saying for years we need to expand into new areas, and that's what we've been trying to do.

That's why we're here, to show we still care and we want to know what community wants. And that is why I'm writing this announcement to reach out to the community and ask you guys what we should focus on?

We've got pages and pages of suggestions for CityRP, and not many developers who can do them. Internet finally got a real job™️, Burnett's been working hard, Faustie's been sending stuff into Space, so we'd need to hire developers, which costs money. Is there anything else that would help CityRP, or are there any ideas on how we can hire?

With that, do you have any ideas for expansions or communities who'd like to work with us? If you've got an idea, or you have a team ready, or even a community who wants to work with us, please, reach out to us.
There's suggestions, you can PM Temar or Internet, or you can drop an email down to info@limelightgaming.net or internet@limelightgaming.net.

TL;DR:
We want to know what the community want. We want your ideas on how to expand. We want your ideas for CityRP.

It's easy to see the desperation in this message; LimeLight is out of options and so now there's nothing left to do but beg for a miracle. While that statement there is harsh, I don't blame you guys for trying to get someone to offer you a miracle when everything else you've tried has resulting in failure - I would do the same thing. However, even now, you are still falling into the same rut which led LL to its demise. I must as you this: what is LL? What does LL represent? When you think "LimeLight", what comes into your mind? LL never has had and still lacks a proper identity and the leadership to pursue up that identity.

I work at a retail store called "Target" - it's a very popular and well-known brand across the United States for you Euros. The employees at Target are held to high standards, myself included especially since I'm looking to move into a management role, because Target, as a brand, wants people to have a unique and irreplaceable experience when they enter those doors. This is just basic marketing. Target doesn't want people to think "a place where I buy shit" when they think "Target", but they instead want people to think "clean store, organized and well-stocked shelves, helpful employees, good deals, fast check-out services, and convenience" - it is when you go above-and-beyond and people enjoy themselves that they keep coming back. 

LimeLight, however, doesn't go above-and-beyond in that sense where people want to keep coming back. The community is toxic, the server is laggy, the content is outdated and lacks depth, the gamemode is just not fun to the point where not even the admins want to come on and play - admins which are supposed to be together with a unified idea of just what LimeLight is. What does LimeLight offer exactly that the competition does not? Nothing. LimeLight lacks anything to bring new people in and make them want to keep coming back; there is no experience one has that is unique to our desolate little community here other than negativity and toxicity. And so, just as people have left retail stores of old in place of new ones, people have left LL in search of greener pastures. 

So it is easy to see the desperation in this message. LL is desperate, or the team is in particular, to have someone bring back what they once had. LL was founded on the idea that it would have cutting-edge content that would put FL to shame - it failed at that. LL was founded on continuing the great community FL had - it failed at that. LL has made countless promises that it would fix these issues - it has failed at that. And so now the admin team has come forth, tin cup in hand, begging for answers. I now present you with that as my final gift to the community in a simple, step-by-step, process.

1) Think to yourselves, as the super admins and owner, at just what you want LL to be. What do you want to be known for? What is your goal? It doesn't have to be anything extravagant or complex, it just has to be something. This has to be something you, the super admin reading this right now, wants. Your passion, your dream. 

2) Pursue that dream, that goal. Whatever you want LL to be, you make that happen. Want LL to be known for the best, most creative events? Work at it. Want LL to be known for the best kind of content with extraordinary depth to that? Work at it. Go down that road and never look back. Axe anyone who says otherwise and build a team around you who shares in your vision - a house divided will not stand; dissidence is great when you need to be put back on your path, but counter-productive when you all don't share the same goal. 

3) By finding your goal and surrounding yourself with people who share that goal (not people who will just blindly say "yes" to you, but those who will keep you on track and stay true to your vision) the real work begins. The beauty of the internet is that you reach anyone who has access to a computer. If you have fun doing what you do, and allow people to join you in that fun, chances are that you'll eventually garner a following. 

So now it is time to ask yourself what you want LimeLight to be. You basically have a fresh slate to work with. It's clear to me that there is a problem if none of the admins can even bother going on the server because it's so boring. So now it is time to fix this by changing and giving people a unique experience that will leave them wanting more. Think big, but handle everything piece-by-piece. LimeLight will never be the same as it was. Why should it be? That version of LimeLight failed miserably. It is your time now, as a super admin, to make dramatic change - both internally and externally. You're desperate for an answer, so there you are. 

Good luck.
(Dec 1, 2020, 04:25 AM)Theo Wrote: [ -> ]
(Nov 30, 2020, 06:56 PM)Pinky Wrote: [ -> ][Image: announcement.png]

Dear Community. 

TL;DR:

It's easy to see the desperation in this message; LimeLight is out of options and so now there's nothing left to do but beg for a miracle. While that statement there is harsh, I don't blame you guys for trying to get someone to offer you a miracle when everything else you've tried has resulting in failure - I would do the same thing. However, even now, you are still falling into the same rut which led LL to its demise. I must as you this: what is LL? What does LL represent? When you think "LimeLight", what comes into your mind? LL never has had and still lacks a proper identity and the leadership to pursue up that identity.

I work at a retail store called "Target" - it's a very popular and well-known brand across the United States for you Euros. The employees at Target are held to high standards, myself included especially since I'm looking to move into a management role, because Target, as a brand, wants people to have a unique and irreplaceable experience when they enter those doors. This is just basic marketing. Target doesn't want people to think "a place where I buy shit" when they think "Target", but they instead want people to think "clean store, organized and well-stocked shelves, helpful employees, good deals, fast check-out services, and convenience" - it is when you go above-and-beyond and people enjoy themselves that they keep coming back. 

LimeLight, however, doesn't go above-and-beyond in that sense where people want to keep coming back. The community is toxic, the server is laggy, the content is outdated and lacks depth, the gamemode is just not fun to the point where not even the admins want to come on and play - admins which are supposed to be together with a unified idea of just what LimeLight is. What does LimeLight offer exactly that the competition does not? Nothing. LimeLight lacks anything to bring new people in and make them want to keep coming back; there is no experience one has that is unique to our desolate little community here other than negativity and toxicity. And so, just as people have left retail stores of old in place of new ones, people have left LL in search of greener pastures. 

So it is easy to see the desperation in this message. LL is desperate, or the team is in particular, to have someone bring back what they once had. LL was founded on the idea that it would have cutting-edge content that would put FL to shame - it failed at that. LL was founded on continuing the great community FL had - it failed at that. LL has made countless promises that it would fix these issues - it has failed at that. And so now the admin team has come forth, tin cup in hand, begging for answers. I now present you with that as my final gift to the community in a simple, step-by-step, process.

1) Think to yourselves, as the super admins and owner, at just what you want LL to be. What do you want to be known for? What is your goal? It doesn't have to be anything extravagant or complex, it just has to be something. This has to be something you, the super admin reading this right now, wants. Your passion, your dream. 

2) Pursue that dream, that goal. Whatever you want LL to be, you make that happen. Want LL to be known for the best, most creative events? Work at it. Want LL to be known for the best kind of content with extraordinary depth to that? Work at it. Go down that road and never look back. Axe anyone who says otherwise and build a team around you who shares in your vision - a house divided will not stand; dissidence is great when you need to be put back on your path, but counter-productive when you all don't share the same goal. 

3) By finding your goal and surrounding yourself with people who share that goal (not people who will just blindly say "yes" to you, but those who will keep you on track and stay true to your vision) the real work begins. The beauty of the internet is that you reach anyone who has access to a computer. If you have fun doing what you do, and allow people to join you in that fun, chances are that you'll eventually garner a following. 

So now it is time to ask yourself what you want LimeLight to be. You basically have a fresh slate to work with. It's clear to me that there is a problem if none of the admins can even bother going on the server because it's so boring. So now it is time to fix this by changing and giving people a unique experience that will leave them wanting more. Think big, but handle everything piece-by-piece. LimeLight will never be the same as it was. Why should it be? That version of LimeLight failed miserably. It is your time now, as a super admin, to make dramatic change - both internally and externally. You're desperate for an answer, so there you are. 

Good luck.

Limelight has always had an identity. That is why we thrived for 5 years. One part of our identity was dupe building and people living out their creativity in creating new environmental assets on the server; something that cannot be done or is not done on DarkRP, HL2RP or other game modes. I also disagree with you on the toxicity part. I don't think LL is any more or was anymore toxic than other game modes. I always found myself coming back because of the community that I knew and loved.
This shit was toxic asf
youre welcome ^
(Dec 2, 2020, 10:06 PM)Dan Wrote: [ -> ]youre welcome ^

Dan is the hero we need, but not the one we deserve.
Bet you didn't expect to see me appearing writing this lmao. Anyway,

Disclaimer, I don't play Limelight so take everything I say with a grain of salt. However, this shit isn't rocket science. Might be some spelling errors/grammical shit cba to proof read.

You need to figure out from the players you have with high hours, what they like/liked about the server and why they played.

You need a focus, is it they like the PVP aspect or the roleplay aspect? If its the PVP for example you need to sit down with these players you aim for and what they'd like to see added. You then do a massive overhaul adding stuff that will entice people to that. Once you've done that, you look at alternate small/medium updates that will come alongside that one massive update that other players might enjoy (a new way of making money ingame, some new content etc).

Once you've made the content part you need to look at how you bring said old players & new players in. Old players you offer some form of 'refer a friend' system (put their steam ID into a text box ingame and if they join and hit 20/40/100 hours the other players gets x/y/z along with the person you referred). You look at promoting people within the community to a rank of 'Limelight Board'. These people are given a position in a server they love where they come together once a month with their ideas to improve Limelight.

You then focus on building hype around this update, that might be making some graphics, trailers (if people send to friends who play/played they get 10k for each friend they can prove they sent to or some shit). You could look at finding some gmod Youtubers to play on said launch day of this 'Limelight 2.0' update and they will bring players along. Make sure ingame its obvious they're playing Limelight (at the top it says like 'You're not playing Limelight' or some shit).

You look at some form of milestones (get 10 hours a week ingame you get X) & monthly goals (you hit 100 trees you get Z). Make these accumliate some sort of 'token' system and with tokens you collect you can get like models etc. Look at doing perks ingame (increased running, faster reloading).

On the release day do a x4 paychecks, x3 contraband ,x3 paycheck as government, increased likelihood of of RPP being given out. Do some Youtube videos about Limelight and what happens, do a Twitch stream do a giveaway of shit on the launch. (also make sure you get every admin on and make sure they're all doing something weather that be contrafarming for people to raid them, being a government officer to improve roleplay of cops or some shit).

Thats what i'd do, you have the playerbase, you have the content, make use of it.

ngl kinda disappointed when I saw you got 0 people, seems like you've put a lot of time into this server you're just missing players. I wouldn't give up:

https://store.steampowered.com/stats/
20,000 players still play gmod. You should easily be able to fill your servers up.

I wish ya'll the best, I'm not saying anything stupid it should be simple stuff that will get people to play. You just need to build it up and make people interested to play. Simple business tactics. 

Good luck.