Limelight Forums

Full Version: Aurora Public BETA & Changelogs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: announcement.png]
Hello community!

You might've seen Noble's Aurora theme work previously showcased on the forum, as we moved towards a more gaming community setting we thought that this theme would assist in making Limelight more of a gaming community as we worked to break out of the CityRP-only shell.

With Noble's amazingly laid foundation we jumped back at it to finalize the design to a near complete state, which has been in a team beta state for a few weeks now.

Now the time has come for a public beta as we, with your assistance, work to root out any remaining issues to make this theme the best version it can be.

While I've stated that it's in a near complete state, there is still a lot of work that needs to be done.

Due to this, you won't be forced into the theme but you can switch to it via the 
UserCP = https://limelightgaming.net/forums/userc...on=options -> Board Style -> Aurora

For bugs related to the Aurora theme you can go to:
https://limelightgaming.net/forums/forum-243.html

For suggestions related to the Aurora theme you can go to:
https://limelightgaming.net/forums/forum-239.html

There are some features missing, some left out intentionally while laying out the foundation to have it fit a new style and some that will be added as we continue to develop the theme.

Intentionally left out and why:
Likes - Replaced by reactions which are also showcased in ones profile
Signatures - Left out to have a cleaner post bit
REPs - Replaced by reactions in a way.

To be added:
New Profile additions such as characters, gallery, MESKA.

Known issues:
Recent Threads page sometimes shows rank colors, sometimes doesn't.
Tagging UI currently is not visible through fast thread creation.

I will update this thread with new information or information I've forgotten.

Thank you to for developing the theme and letting me work on it.
Aurora does give the forums a much cleaner and simpler look. It's also easy to get used to. Thank you Bambo, I know how much time you put into this these past few weeks.

cool
Nice work ‍!
dude score

all my forum reps Sad
omg copycat hard noob (jk)

Looks sick, hopefully you can figure out some of those issues we found internally
staff notices are kinda sus on this theme doe
dark mode where
(Oct 3, 2020, 02:38 PM)Tom* Wrote: [ -> ]staff notices are kinda sus on this theme doe
fixed tomy

(Oct 3, 2020, 05:14 PM)pufitee Wrote: [ -> ]dark mode where

dark mode and mobile version will possibly come later
(Oct 3, 2020, 06:12 PM)Bambo Wrote: [ -> ]
(Oct 3, 2020, 02:38 PM)Tom* Wrote: [ -> ]staff notices are kinda sus on this theme doe
fixed tomy

(Oct 3, 2020, 05:14 PM)pufitee Wrote: [ -> ]dark mode where

dark mode and mobile version will possibly come later

do it now
Ngl this looks fucking sick. Keep it up.
Alright alright. Lookin good man.
I like it. I like it a lot. 

If I had anything to provide feedback on, it would be that the "categories" tab on the left squishes posts quite a bit and leaves a lot of empty, unutilized space on my phone. This, however, is very small and doesn't take away from how nice this beta looks.
(Oct 7, 2020, 05:33 PM)Theo Wrote: [ -> ]I like it. I like it a lot. 

If I had anything to provide feedback on, it would be that the "categories" tab on the left squishes posts quite a bit and leaves a lot of empty, unutilized space on my phone. This, however, is very small and doesn't take away from how nice this beta looks.

Yeah I don't believe mobile was ever properly set up. However with how the forums are built now it should be very simple to adjust it to stack the categories above the threads.