Limelight Forums

Full Version: Night's turned into day
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey all,

So I’ve been tinkering with this decision in my head for a little while and I think it’s time to go through with it.

I’ve been with Limelight for roughly 4 years and a half now, and in that time I’ve learned a lot of things and met a lot of great people but unfortunately I don’t think I can continue. It’s no secret that I’ve been in and out of personal leave quite a lot recently due to a lot of circumstances beyond my control - personal reasons, health reasons and everything in between has come to affect how much time I’ve had available to me as of recent and has led me to consider my position here. Simply put, I need to focus on taking care of myself rather than trying to take care of an entire community.

I’ve always tried to act in the best interest of the community regardless of my position. I’ve implemented a fair amount of policy changes and have tried to be as reliable as I possibly can, even going out of my way to ensure that everyone is onboard with what’s going on regardless of what I may have been going through. However, as I need to focus on myself I’ll be passing all of my notes and case files across to Overlewd to handle. Appeals involving me will be dealt with in the usual way, though may not receive comment from me. In time, a new SAHR will be chosen and I can only wish them the best of luck.

I’d go through and name a couple of people, but truthfully there’s far too much to say. Am I sad to be leaving when the community’s in this state? Of course, but I feel it’s better for me to step aside and get someone else in who’s got the drive rather than filling the position.

I’ll leave off with a few wise words though. Mental health is severely undervalued. Whilst thankfully I’m somewhat lucky as what I’ve been going through is nowhere close to others that I know are suffering too, and at risk of sounding like an edgelord, it’s an invisible battle that you can’t easily see all of the time. Be kind to one another - it’s not worth going at each other’s throats over a game. Disagreements will happen, but work to overcome them rather than battling over it. Take good care of yourself, and prioritise it over everything else.

For anyone going through their own battles, I truly wish you the best. You’ll win the battle one day.

Take care,
Night.
goodbye mr night.. sad times
Have a good one Night. Apart from the shitty pun in the title, a lovely message. All the best and you know where to find them DM's.
Take care of yourself, Night.

Mental Health is very important. It'll take you by surprise and floor you, as it's done with me. Ya'll should be careful, it's a long battle to get back out. I'm still at it and it's been three years, and that's still practically considered 'baby'.
that's sad...
we will miss you night.
Take care Night.

Thanks for educating me into becoming a Nazi like yourself. Although, I've still got a long way to beat your 700+ bans.
Cheers for your help answering my questions throughout my moderator phases,  but I guess all good things come to an end.

If you need anything hmu
Ahhhh very good I'm glad you took chong lees advice with the name change, however evening was a personal favorite you know? where I come from its always evening with all the smog you know?

NOT GOOD. Good bye man.
[Image: e15e966f13f4c4f6223d9fc06bbb9f4d.png]
Truly LL's darkest moment

Godspeed Sad
What a shame
(Aug 28, 2020, 06:24 PM)Welker Wrote: [ -> ]What a shame

kekw
hahaha now u can't perma ban me haahaha

goodbye stinker i will carry you on r6 soon
Good luck man
Despite the fact we rarely saw eye to eye, it’s a shame to see you go.
Pages: 1 2