Limelight Forums

Full Version: server
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
wipe the bans so everyone starts off fresh and the pop comes back just like how fl did

yall mfs outta ideas try that see what happens
"tHiS sUgGeStIoN hAs FaIlEd To PaSs ThE sTaFf VoTe"

Nah. Just pull the plug at this point. Put LL out of its misery.
(Aug 20, 2020, 08:42 PM)Theo Wrote: [ -> ]"tHiS sUgGeStIoN hAs FaIlEd To PaSs ThE sTaFf VoTe"

Legit a load of shite.

Worst case scenario ya'll ban a few people. Looks to me like they don't want to have to log in to ban people.
(Aug 22, 2020, 09:41 PM)Rydolph Wrote: [ -> ]
(Aug 20, 2020, 08:42 PM)Theo Wrote: [ -> ]"tHiS sUgGeStIoN hAs FaIlEd To PaSs ThE sTaFf VoTe"

God forbid that they'd actually have to moderate

Staff votes are a load of bs really, and it's laughable when someone compares it to real world political processes "well the Government make decisions for the entire country," well, the Government has studied and trained for years on end dealing with highly important state-wide issues, and isn't comparable to working with a server...

Server staff are literally the exact same as the player base, and aren't professionals, they just have experience in punishing players. Perhaps it's time to scrap the staff vote altogether and let the players decide what happens with the server? 

Oh, and lets not forget that a percentage of the donation money gets paid to staff pockets every Christmas, some less deserving than others...

Aside from my sarcastic tone earlier, I believe staff votes do play a necessary role. Staff votes allow the devs to have a major say in what they do and do not want to produce. Of course the devs want to provide the community with what they want; but if the devs think it will either take too long, they're not sure if it'll really do a lot of good in the long run, or they simply don't want to do it because the way in which the content needs to be coded in order to work sucks - their voice deserves to be heard since they're doing all the work.

I know it's an age-old excuse, but the devs do all of this for free. Maybe a bit of money gets kicked their way once and a while, but it's nothing to make up for the time spent. If I was a dev, working for free, and I was told to work on a huge project which I knew I was going to hate, then I'd probably just say "fuck it" and do something else or just end up quitting the project half-way through once I realized it's not worth my time. 

I'd say keep the staff vote because it's the devs' way of voicing if they can do it, should do it, and/or will do it.
Quote:Oh, and lets not forget that a percentage of the donation money gets paid to staff pockets every Christmas, some less deserving than others...

Excuse me? I fucking wish. If that'd be the case I demand my money from the last 3 Christmas Eves I was part of the Staff team >:|
it actually happened lmao
I remember when LL staff was like "yall are retarded" when FL did this shit. Oh boy how times change.
(Sep 7, 2020, 02:46 AM)Mist Wrote: [ -> ]I remember when LL staff was like "yall are retarded" when FL did this shit. Oh boy how times change.

Ya, we didn't delete every ban, including ongoing perms for doxxing, did we?
(Sep 12, 2020, 02:14 PM)Doctor Internet Wrote: [ -> ]
(Sep 7, 2020, 02:46 AM)Mist Wrote: [ -> ]I remember when LL staff was like "yall are retarded" when FL did this shit. Oh boy how times change.

Idk. But FL did remove devs that abused their powers  Love
(Sep 29, 2020, 12:52 AM)Mist Wrote: [ -> ]
(Sep 12, 2020, 02:14 PM)Doctor Internet Wrote: [ -> ]

How has Doc abused his powers? He’s one of the better staff members lol
(Sep 29, 2020, 09:33 AM)Faustin Wrote: [ -> ]
(Sep 12, 2020, 02:14 PM)Doctor Internet Wrote: [ -> ]Ya, we didn't delete every ban, including ongoing perms for doxxing, did we?

faustin being nice about me? :flushed:
(Sep 12, 2020, 02:14 PM)Doctor Internet Wrote: [ -> ]Ya, we didn't delete every ban, including ongoing perms for doxxing, did we?

Stop simping cmon I expect better from a soldier
(Sep 29, 2020, 10:14 AM)#PullThePlug2020 Wrote: [ -> ]
(Sep 29, 2020, 12:52 AM)Mist Wrote: [ -> ]Idk. But FL did remove devs that abused their powers  Love

Stop simping cmon I expect better from a soldier

Yes I love him so much I want him to have my babies 😍
LL Died the day they banned me
(Sep 29, 2020, 06:05 PM)Gmans DAD Wrote: [ -> ]LL Died the day they banned me

shush
Pages: 1 2