Limelight Forums

Full Version: Vehicle modifications reverting themselves
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This has been something that's been repeatedly continuously to me for a while, leading me to believe that I was forgeting about some kind of save command, however Ketchup told me to post on here so I guess it's not.

The issues been occuring when I'll modify my own vehicle as mechanic, then despawn the car and switch roles, only then to find when I attempt to next spawn that same car in it will be reverted to the same state it was in when I spawned it in to modify, often spawning as an 'unregistered' car so to say (claims to belong to ' ' and that said player is D/Ced along with the car lacking license plates) for a few minutes before it gains the plates and decides it's my car again, however still lacking the modifications made to it.

Sorry if there's something obvious that I'm missing here and this 'bug' is a PEBKAC.
Thank you for your bug-report, BrookeB2809!

It will be reviewed as soon as possible by our Developers.
Are you using the /customize menu from inside the car, or the menu you get from right clicking the car while holding C?

The /customize menu is how to save changes.

Changes made using the C menu right click method are temporary and do not save. This helps reduce the damage minge mechanics can do, and also allows ford Staff to make quick changes to cars as needed for Events/RP, without having to worry about undoing it later.

You can make changes using the C menu, and then save them using /customize by going in changing something and then changing it back to the desired option (like from Skin 1 to Skin 2, then back to Skin 1) and clicking save.
(Jul 11, 2020, 11:25 PM)Stomm Wrote: [ -> ]Are you using the /customize menu from inside the car, or the menu you get from right clicking the car while holding C?

The /customize menu is how to save changes.

Changes made using the C menu right click method are temporary and do not save. This helps reduce the damage minge mechanics can do, and also allows ford Staff to make quick changes to cars as needed for Events/RP, without having to worry about undoing it later.

You can make changes using the C menu, and then save them using /customize by going in changing something and then changing it back to the desired option (like from Skin 1 to Skin 2, then back to Skin 1) and clicking save.
Alright that makes sense then, I guess it's only the whole 'unregistered' thing that's an issue then.
Showing up as unregistered seems to be a symptom of the vehicle loader crashing. Can you give a specific time this has happened please?
(Jul 12, 2020, 01:26 PM)Doctor Internet Wrote: [ -> ]Showing up as unregistered seems to be a symptom of the vehicle loader crashing. Can you give a specific time this has happened please?

Apologies for the late reply, must have forgot to turn notifs on for this thread. this report was put through near immediately after I was  told by Ketchup that it would be a bug over me doing something wrong and to put a report through so if I had to hazard a guess then I'd say within 30 mins prior of this report being filed, however that's probably useless now after so long, sorry.