Limelight Forums

Full Version: UBR
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Your Name: Tom

Ban ID: 10005

Banned by: Reebs

Server: Main

Ban Reason: Fear RP

Why should you be unbanned?: So first off I apologise for any inconvenience caused by this. There are just a few points I would like to point out to why I believe I was not under fear RP. I had 2 Guns on my person, a P90 and an M96. I had a friendly overwatch from 2 other people who were stood on the roof of the Motel watching the situation.

Moving on, I'd like to point out I had no malicious intent and it was simply an honest mistake. Now the video shows I was within voice range but this was for a very small period anyway which didn't give me much time to react to the commands before I gained more distance and escaped Voice range. For the short period, I did not actively ignore commands as I didn't hear him/have enough time to react, this is likely because of his voice level and the discord call I was in. Since the most recent update for gmod, voice chat has got quieter and significantly harder to hear, I struggle to hear it stood still without a background call, I am sure you can relate. So I do not doubt for that period the player was intelligible however I did not hear him rather than ignored him. I planned to outrun him to avoid an unnecessary engagement, in the PR against me he said that I started shooting him however this is not the case as he started shooting me first.

I'd like to also raise the point that I have not received any punishment before this for a year and a quarter.

This is a similar situation to what happened with this one however it was a completely different outcome, this one was denied and the user was not punished: https://limelightgaming.net/forums/thread-27638.html   <--- This person also had 8 Punishemts on record for Fearrp

Evidence: https://youtu.be/9UOjHGbPthM
The staff-members have received your unban-request, Tom*.

It will take a while for it to be reviewed.
Good morning, Tom:

I’ll discuss the situation with other staff members and I’ll draft a formal reply later today. 

I am at work all day today, so I apologize in advance for the delay and thank you for your patience.
Good morning, Tom. 

I was able to briefly discuss this suspension with another staff member and we both feel it was a violation of FearRP. 

That being said, I understand that you had no malicious intent, and I can appreciate it was an honest mistake. 

As a result, I’d like to propose the following:
- Your suspension will be expired as “time served”. 
- The suspension will, however, remain on record for future reference, should it be needed in the future.
Hi Tom, sorry for the delay. I'll be taking the UBR over. Does the above deal work for you?

(Jun 14, 2020, 02:11 PM)Tom* Wrote: [ -> ]There are just a few points I would like to point out to why I believe I was not under fear RP. I had 2 Guns on my person, a P90 and an M96. I had a friendly overwatch from 2 other people who were stood on the roof of the Motel watching the situation.

At the risk of sounding rude, this is completely irrelevant. FearRP is often invoked when someone has a gun on their person. Overwatch does not have any special exceptions in the rules. If anything, you could have stopped and your friends on overwatch could have created a diversion to free you.

(Jun 14, 2020, 02:11 PM)Tom* Wrote: [ -> ]Since the most recent update for gmod, voice chat has got quieter and significantly harder to hear, I struggle to hear it stood still without a background call, I am sure you can relate. So I do not doubt for that period the player was intelligible however I did not hear him rather than ignored him.

In console, set voice_scale to 1.5 or 2 to increase volume while others adjust their volumes
Ban adjusted for time served