Limelight Forums

Full Version: Forum warning appeal.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

ForceGhost

Your Name: ForceGhost

Warning ID: 604

Issued by:

Reason: Devaluing a man's death by blatantly using the way he died in an inappropriate comment regarding it.

Why should it be removed?: I fail to see how my comment was inappropriate, I was feeling significant negative emotions and was struggling to speak because of it, mainly due to my eyes welling up and the lump in the back of my throat. It's a common phrase used regularly.

Evidence:

[Image: LDYI8qk.png]
In all 942 posts you've ever created, the words "choked", "choking" or "choke" has only ever been mentioned once and it so happens to be in a news article reporting a mans death from being choked. Seems awfully convenient doesn't it?

ForceGhost

(Jun 1, 2020, 08:25 PM)Ben Wrote: [ -> ]In all 942 posts you've ever created, the words "choked", "choking" or "choke" has only ever been mentioned once and it so happens to be in a news article reporting a mans death from being choked. Seems awfully convenient doesn't it?

Don't recall ever reading a post that made me feel so emotional before. I believe it's pretty normal to feel significant negative emotions with this significant event is happening.

ForceGhost

‍ Could you inform me what rule, on the forum rules page, I broke?
(Jun 1, 2020, 08:30 PM)ForceGhost Wrote: [ -> ]
(Jun 1, 2020, 08:25 PM)Ben Wrote: [ -> ]In all 942 posts you've ever created, the words "choked", "choking" or "choke" has only ever been mentioned once and it so happens to be in a news article reporting a mans death from being choked. Seems awfully convenient doesn't it?

Don't recall ever reading a post that made me feel so emotional before. I believe it's pretty normal to feel significant negative emotions with this significant event is happening.

Indeed it is normal to be saddened at the death of a fellow man, however, the method of which you've phrased your original post is clearly not with this intention and is very blatantly using the method of which he died in a form of wordplay to incite a rise out of the community.

Thank you for pointing out the forum rules as well. From combing over them again, I can see that we do not have anything on there that specifically targets disrespect within the forums (Something I will now be advocating on adding), be that as it may, targeting a recently deceased mans life in this way is not something we stand for here at Limelight.

I am willing to reduce your warning percentage slightly if you're willing to come clean and admit that this was an attempt at trolling, however, without a confession I do not see a valid reason why the issued warning should be lifted.

ForceGhost

(Jun 1, 2020, 09:56 PM)Ben Wrote: [ -> ]
(Jun 1, 2020, 08:30 PM)ForceGhost Wrote: [ -> ]

Indeed it is normal to be saddened at the death of a fellow man, however, the method of which you've phrased your original post is clearly not with this intention and is very blatantly using the method of which he died in a form of wordplay to incite a rise out of the community.

Thank you for pointing out the forum rules as well. From combing over them again, I can see that we do not have anything on their that specifically targets disrespect within the forums (Something I will now be advocating on adding), be that as it may, targeting a recently deceased mans life in this way is not something we stand for here at Limelight.

I am willing to reduce your warning percentage slightly if you're willing to come clean and admit that this was an attempt at trolling, however, without a confession I do not see a valid reason why the issued warning should be lifted.

As I stated previously, no offense was meant and it was not intended as a joke or a troll. I was and still am genuinely saddened about the needless deaths that have occurred during these recent times. That's what I intended to convey at the time and is what I still continue to convey.

As far as I can see I haven't breached any forum rule that listed, I used a common phrase that lines up with the majority opinion in a mans needless death.

I'd still like the warning to be removed,  your opinion of the meaning behind my words doesn't reflect the truth behind them. As I've stated above, i've clarified the meaning and it was not an attempt to troll, but merely an attempt to interact with the community on a forum thread by expressing my opinion which lines up with the majority of posters on the thread.
Approved.

After discussion, the warning will stay in place but will be modified. Thank you for the cooperation and for your time.