Limelight Forums

Full Version: Dungeons and dragons
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Alright, I love this shit. I love making characters, I love the combat, I love the roleplay. 

So I'm gonna throw all of that out of the window and try DMing for the first ever time, and I'm gonna throw myself off the deep end and offer to host a dungeons and dragons night for the whole community, just bring a character that goes by the standard content, no homebrew rules.

I wanna do this just because I want to spread this hobby, and I also want to make this a gaming community, not just a Gmod community.

I'll be setting up the dnd beyond page soon, most likely when there's at least 3 people who are interested.

If anyone wants help building a character, feel free to hit me up on the Discord and I'll run you through the basics of dungeons and dragons 5th edition.

Instead of minis, we will be using NPCs on a peer to peer server, so send me the NPC mod you want using for your character, although people who do not send me one will end up with a default HL2 character as their mini.
This sounds pretty great. Can we just send any character player model? And does it have to be a typical DnD character like elves and what not?
(Jun 1, 2020, 05:15 AM)Duckie Wrote: [ -> ]This sounds pretty great. Can we just send any character player model? And does it have to be a typical DnD character like elves and what not?

It has to be a player model/NPC mod, ragdolls are too fiddly unfortunately. The model can be anything that fits your character sheet, so say you made a plate armour wearing paladin, you could find a model wearing plate armour, or you could grab a slightly ridiculous looking one if your character doesn't have suitable models.
(Jun 1, 2020, 01:56 PM)Montyfatcat Wrote: [ -> ]
(Jun 1, 2020, 05:15 AM)Duckie Wrote: [ -> ]This sounds pretty great. Can we just send any character player model? And does it have to be a typical DnD character like elves and what not?

It has to be a player model/NPC mod, ragdolls are too fiddly unfortunately. The model can be anything that fits your character sheet, so say you made a plate armour wearing paladin, you could find a model wearing plate armour, or you could grab a slightly ridiculous looking one if your character doesn't have suitable models.
Coolio.  Smile