Limelight Forums

Full Version: Issues regarding rp_southside_day.bsp file upon re-installation of Gmod
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Following the recent Windows update, I was forced to refresh my PC (meaning losing all programs and thus reinstalling everything now), yet now that I've reinstalled steam and Gmod I've started encountering errors with one file specifically, the southside map file, supposedly not existing despite it being recognised as on my subscription list and on my active add ons list. I've tried the age old trick of 'removing the problem file then readding it' and running it on both the 32 and 54 bit forms of Gmod but both are causing the same issues. I'm sorry if this is some stupid error I've made during my own data recovery process, since with practically having to reinstall win there's a lot of data to sift through and salvage whats salvageable in the windows.old directory to put it lightly so for all I know something I could have done could well be causing the new files to be overridden by the old just by being there. I did try the official Gmod forums to try find similar instances but, well, its the official forums, the only responses I found were from people who think that the secret to the best PC is to overclock at double what you should and will berate anyone who says otherwise, so this was the only other place that came to mind since it's an issue with a file for L2 so if its happened to anyone else then they're likely to be on here.

I've checked the lists of Workshop files listed and I'm not missing any or using an incorrect version of Southside as has been suggested on Mercy Discord, and looking at what Gmod itself shows it says that the map rp_southside_day is there, yet whenever I try join it kicks me with an error prompt stating 'Missing map 'maps/rp_southside_day.bsp', disconnecting'.

Any ideas on how to fix this are greatly appreciated, sorry again if this is the wrong place or a stupid question.
had this issue a couple of days ago. He attempted to join at least twice and we just suggested for him to restart his game. He restarted his game and it worked.

I had read when I was looking into this particular case that the recent May 2020 Update for Garry's Mod has had a noticeable effect on downloading server files via FastDL (how you download the map graph and a few other very small things). This is only a noticeable issue however if you have a slow internet connection or one that cuts out randomly for short bursts of time but it could also just be people complaining about the latest Garry's Mod update, as per usual.

There isn't really much I could suggest without suggesting following this guide: https://limelightgaming.net/forums/thread-16602.html which was moved to Archived for whatever reason. What I'd suggest you do is attempt to rejoin the server when you can and see if you are able to rejoin now. If not, move onto the guide suggested above and see if that fixes any issues you have. If not, I can only recommend verifying your Garry's Mod files (not that I think it would actually do anything to support you).

I hope you sort your issue out and if you get any new updates on this I'll happily try to help you.
The error suggests that your clientside map is different from the servers one - For whatever reason.

A common fix is to clear your downloads folder within your gmod server.
(May 19, 2020, 05:07 AM)Dick Wrote: [ -> ] had this issue a couple of days ago. He attempted to join at least twice and we just suggested for him to restart his game. He restarted his game and it worked.

I had read when I was looking into this particular case that the recent May 2020 Update for Garry's Mod has had a noticeable effect on downloading server files via FastDL (how you download the map graph and a few other very small things). This is only a noticeable issue however if you have a slow internet connection or one that cuts out randomly for short bursts of time but it could also just be people complaining about the latest Garry's Mod update, as per usual.

There isn't really much I could suggest without suggesting following this guide: https://limelightgaming.net/forums/thread-16602.html which was moved to Archived for whatever reason. What I'd suggest you do is attempt to rejoin the server when you can and see if you are able to rejoin now. If not, move onto the guide suggested above and see if that fixes any issues you have. If not, I can only recommend verifying your Garry's Mod files (not that I think it would actually do anything to support you).

I hope you sort your issue out and if you get any new updates on this I'll happily try to help you.

It's still not letting me in, I've followed the guide and cleared what's downloaded as well as purging a good chunk of my subscripton list that I dont use bringing it down to just L2 files and a few Initial D files but now it's claiming in Gmods add on viewer that I have the map installed yet when checking through the files it's no where to be found.

I can understand if it's an error in downloading since broadband in rural Cheshire is notoriously slow on a good day, never mind when everyone's stuck at home on Netflix and the likes, however it doesn't explain why Gmod is convinced I have a file on my PC that's no where to be found in the game files that it's adament is there every time I get Workshop to check the subscriptions list.
I did have the issue a couple days ago, however, I actually installed the addon from the workshop to fix the issue. Restarting my game gave the same error.
Thank you for the help, I've since managed to get Southside to work again. It turns out that the map file for Southside conflicts with the map GM_Wangan during the workshops mass installation of add ons to the point where it thinks both have working versions of the map installed but wont let you run them, why it conflicts there yet works completely fine the rest of the time I don't have a clue and don't have anywhere near enough about the inner workings of Gmod to make any assumptions. Apparently all it took was to remove the map from the workshop subscription list, delete all downloaded workshop files, let it reinstall everything and then reinstall Southside separately.

Thanks again for the help, it's been greatly appreciated and I'm glad that it's finally back up to working order.
Glad to hear it's sorted. Closed and archived.