Limelight Forums

Full Version: HUD Revamp
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi all,

As mentioned in a few places, I have been working on re-implementing our HUD so that it runs much faster. I am happy to say this process is now complete!

The HUD is more or less the same, however there have been a few visual changes. The radio lights have been replaced with up (for transmit) and down (for receive) arrows. These arrows, based upon one of your suggestions, now only light up based on when you're either transmitting or hearing someone on the radio. Additionally, the voice range indicator has been condensed and moved to the left next to the radio indicators.

[Image: EvvOk7w.png]

The bottom left of the HUD is largely unchanged, as is the vehicle HUD.

While updating some of the radio code, I also went ahead and implemented another great user suggestion: radio prefixes. When hearing someone over the radio you will now see their voice bubble indicates which radio you're hearing them on so you can differentiate local chat and radio chat.
[Image: iOxohoh.png]

/hud stats still works as normal but the HUD tint has been removed so there is no need for the /hud tint command anymore.
The HUD has been tested to scale correctly up to a 4K monitor and down to a 720p monitor so it should work for most players. Performance depends on your setup, but I gained about 20 FPS by switching from the old implementation of the HUD to this one.

Finally, a nice little bugfix was also included in this update: gags are fixed!

Credit to all the staff who helped me test this (esp. Ben with that 4k monitor) as well as LuvBunny for pointing out some small misalignments as I developed the HUD. 

If you find a bug with the HUD, be sure to include your display resolution and a screenshot as well as any errors.
very nice
Fuck yes ‍ 

For anyone who doesn't know, goigle (and other members) has been working on this non-stop for months.
I had the chance to talk to goigle during this period and he always talked about it passionately. I'm glad to see that it is now implemented.

I have gained about 30+ FPS with goigle's new HUD.

A round of applause for this gentleman.
Congratulations on releasing this great improvement, Goigle.
I've gained a lot of FPS. Roaming the servers now feels like playing on Singleplayer.
That's what i call art.
good job.
This is the good shit.

Thanks Goigle!
you beauty
God bless America.
Excellent work, Dad.

Now I can sit at my house with 75 FPS staring at YouTube.
More FPS! Good job!
Huge improvement, great work, Goigle!
Good work sir! Looks alot better too.
can i play on my intel pentium pro now?
This is awesome! I can't wait to check it out.
Love the new HUD. Excellent work!
Pages: 1 2