Limelight Forums

Full Version: Forum Warning Appeal
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Your Name: Maveric

Warning ID: 592

Issued by: Please include the [L²]/[L²:M] tag.

Reason: [font=Roboto, sans-serif]Posting useless content, trying to start an argument over a user who isn't a teacher or active.[/font]

Why should it be removed?: I was not arguing, i was making a counter argument about something that Tom posted in ‍ s teacher app. Tom basically said that Pat just kills cops and i stated that that was similar to what Cole and the givens did whenever they were on. I wasn't trying to start an argument, Doctor Internet never told me to stop, i was never warned about it. I just got a forum warning for apparently trying to "start an argument over a user who isn't teacher or active" when i found out cole was no longer a teacher i wanted to apologise but then the thread "no longer existed".

Evidence:  [Image: unknown.png]
Cole hasn't been a teacher for about 6 months. You brought up a completely irrelevant "counter argument" for someone who hasn't been a on the team for months. And you're telling me that you didn't check who was actually a teacher before using him as an argument?

I find that very hard to believe.
I understand that you find it hard to belive, but i don't actively check the teacher section of the forums or announcements. I rarely visit the forums, i mostly use them to reply to PRs or to make them. I occasionally also reply to suggestions, and when i do i reply to 3-5 suggestions at one time. So i genuinely did not know that Cole was not a teacher anymore, if i did i would not of used him as an argument.
You don't check the forums regularly, yet posted on Pat's application within 4 minutes of it being posted?
(May 14, 2020, 02:18 PM)Doctor Internet Wrote: [ -> ]You don't check the forums regularly, yet posted on Pat's application within 4 minutes of it being posted?
I was told by a friend that he made a teacher app, so i went and checked it out? That seems fair doesn't it?
(May 14, 2020, 02:19 PM)Maveric Wrote: [ -> ]
(May 14, 2020, 02:18 PM)Doctor Internet Wrote: [ -> ]You don't check the forums regularly, yet posted on Pat's application within 4 minutes of it being posted?
I was told by a friend that he made a teacher app, so i went and checked it out? That seems fair doesn't it?

Perhaps so, but I would expect a bare minimum of due diligence when making arguments like that.
Considering that teachers are shown on the Team Page, from an outsider, it seemed like you'd just grabbed a random person and went "but what about this guy".
(May 14, 2020, 02:22 PM)Doctor Internet Wrote: [ -> ]
(May 14, 2020, 02:19 PM)Maveric Wrote: [ -> ]

Perhaps so, but I would expect a bare minimum of due diligence when making arguments like that.
Considering that teachers are shown on the Team Page, from an outsider, it seemed like you'd just grabbed a random person and went "but what about this guy".

I understand your point, and i also see your point of view. But as stated previously i rarely actually scroll through the forums and i don't think i have actually ever checked the team page out. I mostly just know the team from their activity on limelight, and as cole hasn't been on for a while i still assumed he was a teacher, thus i used him as an example. Now that i know he is not, i'd like to apologise to cole for using him as an example, when i should not of.
(May 14, 2020, 02:24 PM)Maveric Wrote: [ -> ]
(May 14, 2020, 02:22 PM)Doctor Internet Wrote: [ -> ]
(May 14, 2020, 02:19 PM)Maveric Wrote: [ -> ]I was told by a friend that he made a teacher app, so i went and checked it out? That seems fair doesn't it?

I understand your point, and i also see your point of view. But as stated previously i rarely actually scroll through the forums and i don't think i have actually ever checked the team page out. I mostly just know the team from their activity on limelight, and as cole hasn't been on for a while i still assumed he was a teacher, thus i used him as an example. Now that i know he is not, i'd like to apologise to cole for using him as an example, when i should not of.

Wonderful, I'll be requesting input from to see if he accepts your apology.
I'll accept it, but next time don't use my name or any other person's name without checking beforehand, especially if it's used with literally no context or no relevance to the situation. That's how you lose respect from people.
Appeal approved, but I hope you take this as a warning that your behaviour in this case was entirely unacceptable.