Limelight Forums

Full Version: John Barstow for Mayor of NYC!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: RigUUWS.png]

John Barstow, 2020 Mayoral Campaign

[Image: 220px-Vice_Adm._Scott_A._Stearney_%282%29.jpg]
Vice Admiral John Barstow, pictured September 2006

About John Barstow

John E. Barstow was born in Springfield, Illinois in 1954. He is a great-grandson of former Vermont Governor and U.S. Army officer John L. Barstow. John attended Cambridge Univesity, England during the 70s to study Mathematics and later attended the United States Navy Academy. He graduated from the Naval Academy in 1979 and served in the U.S. Navy for 31 years, retiring at the rank of Vice Admiral.

John later joined the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives as Assistant Deputy Director based out of Washington D.C. until his promotion 2 years later and transfer to Dallas, Texas. Barstow was assigned to the Rockford, Oregon office in 2018 to lead the Pacific North-West region, including: Idaho, Montana, Oregon and Washington.

Barstow's Policies

John Barstow is considered to be a Progressive Conservative

Gun Control
As of 2020, all citizens of New York City who wish to carry a firearm, must obtain a permit from the city. John Barstow believes this to be a violation of the 2nd Amendment of the United States Consitution. Should he be elected, he will drastically change the city's laws regarding firearm possession and believes all citizen, excluding those restricted, have the right to open carry a sidearm throughout the city. He also plans to loosen the restrictions on concealed carry of a sidearm and open carry of rifles and shotguns.

LGBT Rights
John Barstow is fully supportive of the LGBT community, and believes they have a right to marriage. He is not prepared to force religious institutions to wed same-sex couples and believes it is down to the discretion of said institution. Same-sex marriages done through the courts shall be handled in the exact same manner as a heterosexual marriage.

Barstow is against allowing same-sex couples to adopt, as he strongly believes a child needs a mother and a father figure in order to develop properly.

Women's Rights
John Barstow is fully supportive of women having equal rights to men, and will work to ensure they are treated as equals in all situations. He does not believe men should be paid more when working in the same roles as women, nor does he believe men should have a better chance at "climbing the corporate ladder".

Barstow is against abortion on request, believing abortion shall only be offered by the city in cases of rape, incest or when carrying the fetus full term may lead to serious health issues for either the mother or the baby. Barstow will plan to make abortions carried out without one of the above terms being met, considered homicide.

Crime
John Barstow strongly believes the Mayor of New York City has a duty to protect the citizens, and thus he will ensure the NYPD and NYSP have the funding required to ensure every citizen is safe to walk the streets. He also plans to regularly place the Commissioner of the NYPD under scrutiny follow any major incidents, to ensure the department is as effective as can be.

Homelessness
Homelessness is a major issue that has plagued the city for decades, Barstow promises to ensure those that are sleeping rough have a safe, dry and warm place to sleep every night. In addition to ensuring the homeless popular is well fed. Should Barstow get elected, the city promises to provide grants of up to $1,000 to all homeless people in order to help them find a stable job. These grants shall be used to purchase adequate clothing for an interview/work as well as personal grooming services.

The homeless population shall also be provided with internet access in order to contact potentional employers and family members.

COVID-19
John Barstow is fully aware of how hard hit New York City with the recent pandemic and will do everything in his power to ensure the eradication of this virus and the safety of his citizens. He will provide funding to research laboratories and ensure organisations have the necessary funding to develop a cure.

Education
John Barstow appreciates the value of a University Education and promises to open three new CUNY Campuses by 2027. He plans to open an addition community college: "Southside Community College", and an additional graduate college: "CUNY School of Engineering"

Deputy Mayors
John Barstow shall appointed three deputies in the following positions: First Deputy Mayor, Deputy Mayor for Public Safety, Deputy Mayor for Services and Deputy Mayor for Operations

Don't hope for a better life, vote for one.
John Barstow for Mayor!

[Image: RigUUWS.png]

(Please can we keep all responses to this thread In Character)
[Image: wZJahAr.png]

Don't hope for a better future. Vote for one!
John Barstow for Mayor!
You announced you plan to put the NYPD Police Commissioner under scrutiny following any incidents.

Do you plan to allow the NYPD Internal Affairs Bureau to conduct a thorough investigation, and wait for the results of said investigation before making any public allegations or accusations towards the men and women of law enforcement?
(May 2, 2020, 08:53 PM)Catfish Wrote: [ -> ]You announced you plan to put the NYPD Police Commissioner under scrutiny following any incidents.

Do you plan to allow the NYPD Internal Affairs Bureau to conduct a thorough investigation, and wait for the results of said investigation before making any public allegations or accusations towards the men and women of law enforcement?

Having served as a federal agent myself for over a decade, I am well aware of the issues caused by politicans and the media when a full inquiry is yet to take place. I will not comment publicly on any matters until I have the full facts. I suppose I also should have worded my orignal statment more clearly, I intend to have a close relationship with the commissioner of the NYPD, whoever that may be, and as such will privately discuss any incidents, until I have enough information to publicly comment.

The Internal Affairs Bureau do an outstanding job, and I have no intentions of bringing the reputation of New York's finest into a state of disrepute. Any individual that is found to have breached procedure, or is found guilty of any criminal charges is in no way a depiction of the department and thus one persons actions should not be used as an example of the standard's the department holds.

To answer your question, no I will not make any public statements regarding this city's law enforcement officers without the full facts.

I also encourage all citizens to follow in Mr. Cruz's footsteps and ask any questions you may have for me regarding my campaign.

John Barstow for Mayor!
[Image: 02-05-20209jvhr_gsimage.png]
[Image: 6tQTVOs.png]
‍ 

Don't hope for a better future. Vote for one.
John Barstow for Mayor!
[Image: 2c2NArW.png]

John Barstow for Mayor!
You got my vote!
(May 4, 2020, 11:55 PM)Faustin Wrote: [ -> ]
[Image: 2c2NArW.png]

John Barstow for Mayor!

1. wtf are you doing making an arrest for jersey city PD in fucking new york
2. the only sworn law enforcement you are is ATF, and if you're running for mayor you should have resigned from that, so are you even a sworn LEO? if yes, why is a federal LEO making random arrests for political points alongside local police?
3. why the fuck are you pointing a gun at a handcuffed suspect
(May 5, 2020, 03:15 PM)Judge Rage Wrote: [ -> ]
(May 4, 2020, 11:55 PM)Faustin Wrote: [ -> ]
-snip-

1. wtf are you doing making an arrest for jersey city PD in fucking new york
2. the only sworn law enforcement you are is ATF, and if you're running for mayor you should have resigned from that, so are you even a sworn LEO? if yes, why is a federal LEO making random arrests for political points alongside local police?
3. why the fuck are you pointing a gun at a handcuffed suspect

Jersey City PD have operational jurisdiction within Union City. Although this is irrelevant, as I have jurisdiction to investigation violations of federal law, and make the appropriate arrests.

It is true I am a sworn LEO for the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives and it is also true I am running for mayor. I have no obligation to hand in my resignation with the ATF, and I have no intentions to do so unless I am elected. I have already voiced my intentions to run for Mayor with the Director and I have his full support. Regarding the arrest, I was unexpected thrown into the situation where the man pictured above approached me asking if I wanted to make some quick cash, supsicious that this involved criminal activity I accepted his offer and notified the Chief of JCPD. Within 5 minutes I was aware of his plans, and updated the Chief of what was going to go down.

I did not make a "random arrest" for Jersey City PD, as you claim. I arrested a criminal with JCPD after investigating him and at the first opportunity I had without endangering any civilians.

Regarding pointing my firearm at the suspect after he was handcuffed, I was not the one to handcuff him and therefore my weapon was pointed at the suspect to ensure the safety of the officers from JCPD. It was all bad timing with the image, as I re-holstered my firearm shortly after the above image was taken.

I appreciate your concerns, and I apologise if you feel any of my actions were unjustified, but that is simply not the case.
[Image: T53DP3h.png]

John Barstow for Mayor!
I would like to remind everyone attending this afternoon that social distancing should be practised. A maximum of 6 reporters will be permitted to attend the event, with camera crews being disallowed from entering due to concerns over health and safety.

I hope to see you there.