Limelight Forums

Full Version: 40% tax
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hulo, just a simple question: Are taxes above 20% a reason to raid the president?

https://limelightgaming.net/forums/threa...age-2.html
*prays it is*
Erm, maybe? alongside other changes, I guess so? But people would have to do some form of passive RP instead of just going "Na fuck this goodbye president?".

But if they can justify it with inflation and the fact people's wages have been increased.
11.1 - You need a valid reason to raid the President (or anyone else). Do not raid the president for money, because of high taxes, because you don’t like certain laws (unless they drastically impact your character), or as retaliation for being arrested by the police due to your own actions. Before raiding the president, you need to show that you have attempted and exhausted the possibility of a peaceful resolution. You need to have an appropriate underground job set via /job before raiding anyone – don’t raid as the default “Citizen” job without using /job first.

You cannot raid for high taxes, that hasn't changed in years. 40% or lower...
(To my knowledge, this hasn't changed)
In my opinion, it should definitely be allowed with the right RP behind it such as a protest or similar. Nexus raids used to be the best thing about cityrp however i can't remember the last time i saw them.
(Apr 30, 2020, 08:27 PM)Apollo Wrote: [ -> ]11.1 - You need a valid reason to raid the President (or anyone else). Do not raid the president for money, because of high taxes, because you don’t like certain laws (unless they drastically impact your character), or as retaliation for being arrested by the police due to your own actions. Before raiding the president, you need to show that you have attempted and exhausted the possibility of a peaceful resolution. You need to have an appropriate underground job set via /job before raiding anyone – don’t raid as the default “Citizen” job without using /job first.

I was asking because a suggestion was just implemented regarding the 40% tax. For years 20% was the maximum.

40% sounds like a reason to raid for me, as 40% drastically impacts everyone.
(Apr 30, 2020, 10:47 PM)Nudelsalat im Panzer Wrote: [ -> ]
(Apr 30, 2020, 08:27 PM)Apollo Wrote: [ -> ]11.1 - You need a valid reason to raid the President (or anyone else). Do not raid the president for money, because of high taxes, because you don’t like certain laws (unless they drastically impact your character), or as retaliation for being arrested by the police due to your own actions. Before raiding the president, you need to show that you have attempted and exhausted the possibility of a peaceful resolution. You need to have an appropriate underground job set via /job before raiding anyone – don’t raid as the default “Citizen” job without using /job first.

I was asking because a suggestion was just implemented regarding the 40% tax. For years 20% was the maximum.

40% sounds like a reason to raid for me, as 40% drastically impacts everyone.

How? It's not like you aren't making a lot in your salaries anymore?
Bro, 40% is real life taxes. You think that has a drastic impact, you're either paying that or will pay that later in your real life, don't be shocked lul.
Yeah 40% is real life and salaries have recently basically doubled, more than doubled in some cases (I was making $800ish as citizen the other day vs 100 back when that was suggested)
Has this answered your question ?
(May 2, 2020, 11:49 AM)Doctor Internet Wrote: [ -> ]Has this answered your question ?

More or less. There's no clear answer other than people comparing stuff to real-life (which does not really prove anything at LL) or answers stating "to my knowledge".

Is it possible to get a clear yes or no? Right now it seems like a meh maybe no yes.
Okay.

40% tax isn't a reason to raid. Considering the massive increases to salary, even taking 40% (which is a fairly normal tax rate), isn't going to massively effect your character, to the point that even a 40% tax rate now is earning you more than a 20% rate before.
(May 2, 2020, 12:04 PM)Doctor Internet Wrote: [ -> ]Okay.

40% tax isn't a reason to raid. Considering the massive increases to salary, even taking 40% (which is a fairly normal tax rate), isn't going to massively effect your character, to the point that even a 40% tax rate now is earning you more than a 20% rate before.

Thanks, Doc. Thread can be closed.
Smile