Limelight Forums

Full Version: UBR
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Your Name: pufitee

Ban ID: 8924

Banned by: [L²] Night ()

Server: Main

Ban Reason: PRA (25014) - Minor FailRP and Powergaming // Probation enforced

Why should you be unbanned?: It's been over a year since my final ban was issued and the ban prior to that was the previous year. I've had 13 bans in over 1000 hours which isn't too high of a number. Despite that, I've been working on improving my RP ability as well as my ability to maintain focus on something without getting bored which is the main reason for a lot of my bans. If I'm able to return to the server I'd put all the skills and techniques I've learned while on my time away into practice to ensure that I do not incur any further punishments. I have also re-read the rules and the rules Q&A to further understand the rules and this will help me maintain a clean record should this request get accepted. In my time away I've also been part of various other RP servers which has given me confidence in my ability to RP and follow the rules as I've maintained a clean record and even staff positions in these servers.

Evidence: N/A
The staff-members have received your unban-request, pufitee.

It will take a while for it to be reviewed.
Hello Pufitee.

Apologies for the delay.

I remember this ban and how you behaved on the servers quite well and there seems to be a pattern where you play on the server, get annoyed/frustrated, break the rules and act out refusing to care much then try to get unbanned x amount of months later.

I feel like if I were to unban you, then you'd get bored and break the rules again leading to a punishment that's a lot harder to appeal considering your record.

Do you have any comments on this?
(May 7, 2020, 10:01 PM)Night Wrote: [ -> ]Hello Pufitee.

Apologies for the delay.

I remember this ban and how you behaved on the servers quite well and there seems to be a pattern where you play on the server, get annoyed/frustrated, break the rules and act out refusing to care much then try to get unbanned x amount of months later.

I feel like if I were to unban you, then you'd get bored and break the rules again leading to a punishment that's a lot harder to appeal considering your record.

Do you have any comments on this?

In the time since my ban I've improved my social skills a lot which has, in turn, increased my attention span. I've also become much more self-disciplined and have learned that it is a much better course of action to leave the server when I get bored, rather than stay and mess about which would inevitably lead to further punishment which would be more substantial and a lot harder to appeal considering my record and this exact UBR. I can truly assure you that I've changed significantly since my last punishment and I truly feel that given my improved social skills, self discipline and attention span I can keep myself positively engaged for long while also being able to disengage when I feel myself getting bored.
Hello Pufitee.

Before I raise this to the team, I'd like you to address one final point and assuming I'm satisfied with the response, I'll raise it for a vote.

When you were playing on the server, it seemed very much to me like you were dragged into breaking the rules with other people and were quite easily influenced in that regard. How are you able to assure me that you won't get dragged into similar situations like the one you were banned for?
Hello Nightmare,

I'll do my best to ensure that I have as little contact with bad influences or people that would make it more likely for me to break the rules. I'll also be trying to interact more with community role models such as current staff and teachers to ensure my behavior and attitude towards the server is kept in check. Although I have complete confidence in my ability to steer clear from any further rule breakage I will follow the above steps to create even fewer opportunities for rule breakages to occur.
I've raised this for discussion with the admins and we'll see where we go from there. I'll get back to you when I have an update or further questions.

Cheers.
Hello Puf, apologies for the delay.

After discussion amongst the team, we've decided to unban on the condition you accept a 6 hour weapons blacklist.

If accepted, please be advised that any bans or blacklist you receive onwards from this will likely be extensive due to your history.
I agree to these terms.
Approved.

Welcome back, please make sure to read the rules as they may have changed in the time since you've been gone.