Limelight Forums

Full Version: Unexpected Framerate Issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

So roughly sometime yesterday I began experiencing some horrible lag and for the first time on the server it was physically unplayable for me. I disconnected for a few hours, came back, and this was fixed.

However, this morning, I experienced the same thing. To put it simply, I’m getting 5fps outside of the city. Inside the city, more like 1. 

I have a relatively decent computer, and can provide specs if necessary.

I’ve followed video tutorials to “boost my FPS”, but with no luck, I uninstalled and reinstalled Gmod. Still with no success, I am currently factory resetting my computer. 

In the event this does not work, I’m wondering if anybody had any ideas to possibly help. 

Thanks!
Hey doode! Smile

I wouldn't factory reset my PC over Gmod, as thats a pain in the ass.

Gmod is one of the most un-optimized games there is. As everyone says in OOC: bUt i HaVe A GtX 2080tI oMg My Pc iS a MoNsTeR blah blah.

No matter how good a PC is, Gmod will fuck it in the ass.

(Not that this will work for everyone but..) Addons may be the answer. I had 400+ addons and it fucked my game so hard my FPS went "bye hun xo" on me.

I un-subscribed from them all and only added the LL ones, behold, more than 30FPS! I tend to sit between 40 - 70FPS (player count dependent..) Try un-subbing from all your addons, re-subbing to ONLY the LL content as required and see how that goes, if this fails, try verifying the games intergrity by doing the following:

Steam > Library > Right click Gmod > Properties > Local Files > Verify Intergrity.

IF THAT FUCKING FAILS:

Uninstall Gmod, burn ur PC, burn the house down, cry, and give up forver.

Hope that helps <3

Cheet
(Apr 29, 2020, 08:14 PM)Cheet Wrote: [ -> ]Hey doode! Smile

Gmod is one of the most un-optimized games there is. As everyone says in OOC: bUt i HaVe A GtX 2080tI oMg My Pc iS a MoNsTeR blah blah.

(Not that this will work for everyone but..) Addons may be the answer. I had 400+ addons and it fucked my game so hard my FPS went "bye hun xo" on me.

I un-subscribed from them all and only added the LL ones, behold, more than 30FPS! I tend to sit between 40 - 70FPS (player count dependent..) Try un-subbing from all your addons, re-subbing to ONLY the LL content as required and see how that goes, if this fails, try verifying the games intergrity by doing the following:

Steam > Library > Right click Gmod > Properties > Local Files > Verify Intergrity.

IF THAT FUCKING FAILS:

Hope that helps <3

Cheet
Hey man, 

I actually have no addons lmao. 

And I don’t necessarily mind resetting my PC, I had a really shit one previously and I had to do that a lot of times in order to play shit like gmod. I just wasn’t expecting my new one to have the same issues.

I’ll try verifying the integrity of the game files next! 

If not, guess I better grab the kerosine lmao
(Apr 29, 2020, 08:25 PM)Catfish Wrote: [ -> ]
(Apr 29, 2020, 08:14 PM)Cheet Wrote: [ -> ]Hey doode! Smile

IF THAT FUCKING FAILS:

Hope that helps <3

Cheet
Hey man, 

I actually have no addons lmao. 

And I don’t necessarily mind resetting my PC, I had a really shit one previously and I had to do that a lot of times in order to play shit like gmod. I just wasn’t expecting my new one to have the same issues.

I’ll try verifying the integrity of the game files next! 

If not, guess I better grab the kerosine lmao

I prefer a blend of Clorox and Tide myself.. But go head, knock yourself out.. Literally lmfao
Whenever I launch I put "Gmod_mcore_test 1" in the console.

As well as in task manager go to Details find Gmod and right-click, and set priority to High.

I also run in 64 Bit:

[Image: Vv8r7UX.png]
Got a problem? I got you a possible solution.

When I started to have the same problem, I had errors all over the map because I did not have the right addons. After I installed the proper content and addons for the map, I was relatively lag free.

If installing the proper addons does not work, it might be cause by some of the big RP dupe people spawn in.

For the addons, you can go onto the forums, hover the cursor over the CityRP2 tab and click on "content/download" and you can subscribe to the content from there.

For the dupes, you can't do much about them except do your best to steer clear of em.
(Apr 29, 2020, 10:28 PM)Duckie Wrote: [ -> ]Got a problem? I got you a possible solution.

When I started to have the same problem, I had errors all over the map because I did not have the right addons. After I installed the proper content and addons for the map, I was relatively lag free.

If installing the proper addons does not work, it might be cause by some of the big RP dupe people spawn in.

For the addons, you can go onto the forums, hover the cursor over the CityRP2 tab and click on "content/download" and you can subscribe to the content from there.

For the dupes, you can't do much about them except do your best to steer clear of em.
Here’s the thing, 

I tried downloading the content pack once, didn’t work out too well.

I lost all vehicle liveries and textures. Weapons were held incorrectly, and when vehicles drove it replaced the engine sound with this weird, digital, ear splitting noise. 

I’m not sure if I just severely screwed it up or what, but immediately after I just removed all of my addons.
(Apr 29, 2020, 10:34 PM)Catfish Wrote: [ -> ]
(Apr 29, 2020, 10:28 PM)Duckie Wrote: [ -> ]Got a problem? I got you a possible solution.

Here’s the thing, 

I tried downloading the content pack once, didn’t work out too well.

I lost all vehicle liveries and textures. Weapons were held incorrectly, and when vehicles drove it replaced the engine sound with this weird, digital, ear splitting noise. 

I’m not sure if I just severely screwed it up or what, but immediately after I just removed all of my addons.

Hmmmm. Yeah, not sure what advice to give from here. You could try to troubleshoot gmod. 

Also try Toms suggestion. 

Sorry, I don't got any other ideas. Maybe ‍ knows what to do?
Only thing I can suggest is the 64 bit version that Tom posted about. I'm running on pretty high spec's and I still get framerate issues myself, it's just the nature of a decade old game sadly.
I am running 64 bit. I’ll probably look into the content pack, and figure out what I’m missing that’s making it fuck up so badly.
(Apr 30, 2020, 12:30 AM)Catfish Wrote: [ -> ]I am running 64 bit. I’ll probably look into the content pack, and figure out what I’m missing that’s making it fuck up so badly.

Hope it works out for you.  Smile
Goigle recently released an update that improved overall FPS for players. Not sure if related to your case but you might wanna give it a try.
‍ was the issue resolved? Are there any other questions?
This issue was resolved, factory reset my PC and it worked just fine after that.
Perfecto, closed and archived.