Limelight Forums

Full Version: Timing out when tabbing out
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So not sure if anyone else is having this problem but whenever I tab out of the server to check something it doesn't let me back on the game when I press the gmod icon it just like takes2-3 minutes then says I've timed out. I currently play on the 64bit.

If anyone can help please do it's getting really frustrating.
Imma take a wild guess and assume its a hardware problem, maybe Storage or CPU. 

But people know a hell of a lot more than me /shrug
yea it happens to me alot.
Does it happen for you on 32 bit aswell?
Hey there, you could start your game with following start options to prevent that:

Quote:-windowed -noborder

Found under Lauch Settings in Properties.
(Apr 21, 2020, 01:13 PM)Mr.Sir Wrote: [ -> ]Does it happen for you on 32 bit aswell?

well i used to play on 32 bit but now whenever i try load into the server it kicks me off gmod when it gets to the starting lua point idk why
(Apr 21, 2020, 01:18 PM)Zaidplays Wrote: [ -> ]
(Apr 21, 2020, 01:13 PM)Mr.Sir Wrote: [ -> ]Does it happen for you on 32 bit aswell?

well i used to play on 32 bit but now whenever i try load into the server it kicks me off gmod when it gets to the starting lua point idk why

There has been alot of bugs with the new 64 bit version.
You can try validate gmod on steam and disable all others addons that isnt LL's
Hey Zaid,

Firstly, I'd verify the games intergrity by following the below:

Right click Garry's Mod > Local Files > Verify Intergrity Of Game Files.

Let this run, if it finds any issues this will automatically resolve them.

If this doesn't help, and you're running the 64x bit version of GMod, try placing your graphics on "High" and nothing more. I know this sounds silly but I've been helping others with similar issues and this helped.

Lastly, check that your Graphics Drivers are fully upto date. Not that GMod uses alot of VRAM, however, out-dated GPU drivers can cause so many little, yet annoying bugs.

If all else fails, I'd say (Like Tom) it's hardware failiure. Potentially a CPU or RAM issue.

Hope this helps. Smile
I had a similar issue and would have massive issues with fps in-game. I've noticed a significant improvement after following this video. Might be helpful. https://youtu.be/NRKMau_WDxo
(Apr 21, 2020, 01:18 PM)Luvbunny Wrote: [ -> ]Hey there, you could start your game with following start options to prevent that:

Quote:-windowed -noborder

Found under Lauch Settings in Properties.

Yeah. This should help (At least that is what I did in a past while having similar problems)
i'll try all things above, thanks for the help guys <3
Folowed your guys steps and it worked, thank you all very much!
Well done on provided a great source of help all. Closed and archived.