Limelight Forums

Full Version: FearRP ban
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Your Steam Name: r o v e r

Time/Date: 22:40 12/04/2020

Your Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:28213184

Name of Staff Member: Internet

Summary/Details: Banned for FearRP. Was in a bulletproof military assault vehicle. No fear would be present when a police officer points small arms at a vehicle designed to be blast protected. Its an APC. APCs dont give in to small arms, hence why i wouldnt stop when some cop points a gun at me. 

Also got called a "Cheeky cunt" for attempting to argue my case. Dunno what got you riled up so hard but not very nice is it?
(Apr 12, 2020, 11:59 PM)rover Wrote: [ -> ]Your Steam Name: r o v e r

Time/Date: 22:40 12/04/2020

Your Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:28213184

Name of Staff Member: Internet

Summary/Details: Banned for FearRP. Was in a bulletproof military assault vehicle. No fear would be present when a police officer points small arms at a vehicle designed to be blast protected. Its an APC. APCs dont give in to small arms, hence why i wouldnt stop when some cop points a gun at me. 

Also got called a "Cheeky cunt" for attempting to argue my case. Dunno what got you riled up so hard but not very nice is it?

I didn't call you a cheeky cunt, that may have been . It was his case, I just applied the ban, so I'll wait for his input.
oh wait this is a staff report?
yikes ok.

please refer to the "report instructions"
Quote:The following points are not abuse:

Banning you, even if you don't like the reason, make an unban request for this.
Administering unorthodox punishments, i.e. !slay.
I banned you because you refused to accept that when someone's pointing a gun at you in a car Fear RP applies regardless of what the vehicle is (unless it has tinted windows, or is a swat van or there's no line of sight) to which you replied 'That makes no sense.' since the car was skinned as an APC which I understand. But rules are rules and you seemed to have a problem with that, you then proceeded to be very disrespectful towards me and not listen to a word I said. To which you followed up with 'I'll leave before you can ban me' and DC/d to avoid punishment and hence the ban remains valid.

If you would've just accepted the fact that you broke Fear RP initially taken your warning on the chin and moved on then all of this could've been avoided.

Granted I should not have called you a cheeky cunt, and that was my mistake because I've been on all day and was starting to get somewhat frustrated with the way you were speaking to me. So I apologise for that, but you weren't very nice to me either so.
Leave before ban was incorrect. I said that as a joke, and then you said you had my steamID anyway so you would just ban me for the fearRP charge. Then you said "goodbye", and I left.

Me leaving had no effect on the sit as by then it was far past over. LTAP would be me leaving before even being in the sit.
Reviewed and concluded.

I've spoken with Roach in the course of this report and we both agree that what was said shouldn't have been, and that isn't how we expect staff to behave with players. I'm not overly concerned about it as neither Overlewd or myself see it as malicious (the term used is generally used to refer to when someone's trying to overstep the line, and is common to be used in British culture) and because this is a one-time occurrence, we have no reason to believe this will continue.

The incident in regards to the APC shouldn't have even been done in the first place, and all staff with the ability to weld/nocollide have been informed that outside of events (which are hosted on the event server), this shouldn't be done. We apologise for the confusion in that regard.

To clarify your final remarks about LTAP, we use it to refer when someone disconnects whilst in a sit, or if they knew they were about to go into a sit/speak to a member of staff and left anyway.

Please ensure you listen to staff in the future, I'm sorry that on this occasion you had to deal with that remark but it's still important to listen nonetheless.

The incident will be handled internally to ensure this doesn't happen again.

Thank you for your report, closed.