Limelight Forums

Full Version: What donation system does LL use?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey!

Me and a buddy just started our own Gmod server.

We've already got some nuisance on our backsides suggesting we did it for the money, even though it costs £10+ to run per month and honestly if I wanted to make money, I definitely wouldn't be doing it through Gmod 🤨

Anyway, back on track. We've no idea how to set up donations. We've seen things like Prometheus which is $25 which seems pretty hefty if you ask me. But what does LL use? Is it a pre-made script that was bought, a pre-made script that was free, or a custom one that was personally scripted?

We've had 16 out of 32 players on the first official day so hopefully all goes well!

Any referrals or suggestions would be of great assistance :-)
pretty much all custom scripted using paypal as gateway
(Apr 4, 2020, 02:14 AM)Temar Wrote: [ -> ]pretty much all custom scripted using paypal as gateway

Was this hard to do or lengthy? Sorry I'm extremely new to all this and genuinely have no idea what I'm doing, or even what I'm talking about lol - ATM I'm more of the investor and my friend is the developer so really I'm just collecting as much info as I can and forwarding it to him to help.

Cheers for reply also
there script available for you to use on the web, then its just a matter of how you use them, and to what extent 

I wouldn't say ours is that hard, but its is alot of code now as its been improved and extended over the years.
(Apr 4, 2020, 06:39 AM)Temar Wrote: [ -> ]there script available for you to use on the web, then its just a matter of how you use them, and to what extent 

I wouldn't say ours is that hard, but its is alot of code now as its been improved and extended over the years.

By the way, when you say you use paypal as a gateaway - do you use a personal account or a business account? I know with the business account it takes a fee.
Depending on your local laws you require to tax your income - even if its declared a pure „Donation“. 

Paypal business accounts are meant for such transactions, they dont take a fee for nothing. They include some features, such as creating receipts, or a subscription paid service.

Most importantly - Paypal wont ban you for suspicion of money laundry, if your private paypal account gets too much money too frequently.
(Apr 4, 2020, 01:59 PM)Luvbunny Wrote: [ -> ]Most importantly - Paypal wont ban you for suspicion of money laundry, if your private paypal account gets too much money too frequently.

Hahahahahahahahahahahah
AHAHAHAHahahahAhAHAhahahah
good joke.
(Apr 9, 2020, 03:13 PM)Doctor Internet Wrote: [ -> ]
(Apr 4, 2020, 01:59 PM)Luvbunny Wrote: [ -> ]Most importantly - Paypal wont ban you for suspicion of money laundry, if your private paypal account gets too much money too frequently.

Hahahahahahahahahahahah
good joke.

Being banned anyways? ;p
Having business account(s) kept the PayPal Meanies away from me, atleast some years ago when i used to manage stores.
(Apr 9, 2020, 07:02 PM)Luvbunny Wrote: [ -> ]
(Apr 9, 2020, 03:13 PM)Doctor Internet Wrote: [ -> ]

Hahahahahahahahahahahah
good joke.

Being banned anyways? ;p
Having business account(s) kept the PayPal Meanies away from me, atleast some years ago when i used to manage stores.

"We believe you are a high risk partner, we will be terminating your account and holding any money for 180 days. This is non-negotiable."
Log in two weeks later and they'd stopped the termination, no notice or anything.