Limelight Forums

Full Version: Recent Ban [D3ST]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello Limelight Team,

Recently I was issued a 7 Day ban. I believe this ban was very harsh, here is why.
There was no staff members online at the time, and 4 players decided to spawn kill, CDM, RDM, Prop push, and really just annoy every other player online at the time. They targeted me the most. I felt the only way I could keep them away from me was by using props. And that was wrong of me.
These players who were annoying me only got a 2 hour blacklist, and I got a 7 day ban for defending myself.
It also says on my ban I 'Lied to staff', this must be a misunderstanding. I cannot recall lying to D3ST, and I hope this misunderstanding can be solved and put right.

I trust that this situation will be corrected, and that the punishment will be lowered.
I look forward to being able to use this server once again, and I hope that I can do that sooner rather than later.

James 'The Himoo' Shmulli.
The staff-members have received your unban-request, Himoo Shmulli.

It will take a while for it to be reviewed.
Hello,

Please update this thread to fit the template found - https://limelightgaming.net/forums/thread-11095.html
Your Name: Himoo Shmulli

Ban ID: 9746

Banned by: [L²:M] D3ST  

Server: City RP

Ban Reason: Lying to staff, Extensive Prop mingery, Prop killing, Prop pushing. Not here to RP.

Why should you be unbanned?:
Recently I was issued a 7 Day ban. I believe this ban was very harsh, here is why.
There was no staff members online at the time, and 4 players decided to spawn kill, CDM, RDM, Prop push, and really just annoy every other player online at the time. They targeted me the most. I felt the only way I could keep them away from me was by using props. And that was wrong of me.
These players who were annoying me only got a 2 hour blacklist, and I got a 7 day ban for defending myself.
It also says on my ban I 'Lied to staff', this must be a misunderstanding. I cannot recall lying to D3ST, and I hope this misunderstanding can be solved and put right.

I trust that this situation will be corrected, and that the punishment will be lowered.
I look forward to being able to use this server once again, and I hope that I can do that sooner rather than later.

James 'The Himoo' Shmulli.
Hello Himoo, thanks for making an appeal.

I'm going to start off by justifying why I issued the 7-day ban. This is because you have quite an extensive history of the rules that you broke with only having 38 hours on the server therefore the 7-day period gives you time to reflect and read the rules upon return, especially with all (or most) of your punishments being so recent. I have also had to deal with you many times in-game and you haven't listened to me about improving your behaviour even though we've had several chats about it. At the time of the incidents, I believe that I was just joining the game and then I was PMed by 1-2 players, including yourself, and I saw some reports on the RDM manager. I had a chat with you on a roof and then spoke with the others involved afterwards. Upon speaking with the others, it was apparent that this would be a complex situation, so I spent 20-30 minutes reviewing playbacks. This is when I saw all of the rule-breakages that are listed in your ban. In my opinion, the length of the ban was not harsh and if I remember correctly you said something about making the ban reason lengthy so that you'd look bad, which doesn't give a good impression. Regarding the 4 other players that you mention I dealt with all of those, that I could see, involved with the situations and took the necessary action. However, when you say they targeted you and that is the reason why you began to prop-push you didn't mention the parts where you just spawned a prop and started smashing vehicles everywhere, as well as prop killing in some cases. The player in question in regards to the 2-hour blacklist was a new player. The new player had 4 hours and no priors so I felt that a 2-hour blacklist was the most appropriate given the situation as for the other player he received a 4-hour blacklist due to having one prior. I dealt with the spawn-killing and RDM, I then issued their punishments on the severity of the situation which I have just explained. Also, you mention that they were CDMing and Prop-pushing, unfortunately I didn't see that in the 20-30 minutes of playback footage I reviewed and that was as far back as I saw any rule-breakages happen but you can make a PR on it if you have the evidence and details. Although, I can assure you that you did lie to me as I asked if you were prop-pushing and you replied with 'No.' 

Thanks.
Hello

After reviewing the case and after I've spoken to D3ST about it, your suspension is deemed justified and your UBR will be denied.