Limelight Forums

Full Version: huh
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I guess LL will have quite a few new active players soon
And what sparks this theory
right i see why
I dont get it, why?
(Mar 1, 2020, 11:50 PM)Mr.Sir Wrote: [ -> ]I dont get it, why?

management change on the other side if you get my drift
(Mar 2, 2020, 12:16 AM)Tom* Wrote: [ -> ]
(Mar 1, 2020, 11:50 PM)Mr.Sir Wrote: [ -> ]I dont get it, why?

management change on the other side if you get my drift

dunno how much you know about "the other side", it's been a mess for the past year though. almost felt like they have intentionally made the most foolish decisions possible.
anyhow, today a person who already was in high management (had permission to literally do whatever he wanted to) was made owner, so unsurprisingly people got even more agitated than they have already been and decided to entirely quit, as nobody expects improvement considering he already could've done pretty much all he can do now before this change.
Welcome to the other side, I've read up on what's happened myself and I can understand why a lot of you are leaving. Hope you enjoy your time with us at least!
One of all the rare days I choose to go on FL, I choose today. I was actually sitting in the "Team Jan" discord when it all happened and the reactions were rather dramatic. 

Now my intentions are not to cause Divey any disrespect by bringing this up, and I actually do wish him the best of luck. But what I'm wondering is what he may have done to make a large portion of the community hostile to the idea of him becoming the next owner? What I've gathered so far is that Soulripper seems to have given many people false hope at the idea of becoming the next owner, thus they're expressing their disappointment when their candidate/self didn't get selected. But what else other than this?

DO NOT TAKE THIS QUESTION AS A MEANS TO FLAME DIVEY, SOULRIPPER, OR ANYONE ELSE DURING THIS SENSITIVE TIME. As I said earlier, my goal is not to create a toxic environment but instead just gain a better understanding of the situation.

If anyone here feels like they would like to answer my questions but does not want to do it on this thread, please feel free to PM me on the forums or add me on Steam. As I said, I want to keep this civil and simply fill in myself and any others whom are out-of-the-loop. I hope there may be something which we may all learn from this as well, assuming it's kept civil!

Thank you!
(Mar 2, 2020, 08:33 AM)Theo Wrote: [ -> ]Now my intentions are not to cause Divey any disrespect by bringing this up, and I actually do wish him the best of luck. But what I'm wondering is what he may have done to make a large portion of the community hostile to the idea of him becoming the next owner? What I've gathered so far is that Soulripper seems to have given many people false hope at the idea of becoming the next owner, thus they're expressing their disappointment when their candidate/self didn't get selected. But what else other than this?

The majority I feel dislike the change because as SA, Soul having been quite inactive, he was one of two people who had the power to change the server for the better, and all we got was roleplay props and surveys, but nothing substantial to actually help the server attract new players aside from what players suggested. Divey becoming Owner effectively means nothing has changed, though it's too early to say that with certainty.

And some context for why this is so big: the servers been dying for at least the past year
(Mar 2, 2020, 09:13 AM)Kappatalist Wrote: [ -> ]
(Mar 2, 2020, 08:33 AM)Theo Wrote: [ -> ]Now my intentions are not to cause Divey any disrespect by bringing this up, and I actually do wish him the best of luck. But what I'm wondering is what he may have done to make a large portion of the community hostile to the idea of him becoming the next owner? What I've gathered so far is that Soulripper seems to have given many people false hope at the idea of becoming the next owner, thus they're expressing their disappointment when their candidate/self didn't get selected. But what else other than this?

The majority I feel dislike the change because as SA, Soul having been quite inactive, he was one of two people who had the power to change the server for the better, and all we got was roleplay props and surveys, but nothing substantial to actually help the server attract new players aside from what players suggested. Divey becoming Owner effectively means nothing has changed, though it's too early to say that with certainty.

And some context for why this is so big: the servers been dying for at least the past year
That's exactly the main point that drives everybody mad. He already had the chance to do whatever he wanted to, but didn't. 
I am quite sure that even if an Admin had received this position, the result wouldn't have been as bad.
Your theory is correct
(Mar 2, 2020, 11:30 AM)Idea Wrote: [ -> ]
(Mar 2, 2020, 09:13 AM)Kappatalist Wrote: [ -> ]

That's exactly the main point that drives everybody mad. He already had the chance to do whatever he wanted to, but didn't. 
I am quite sure that even if an Admin had received this position, the result wouldn't have been as bad.

Ah I see. So the community doesn't believe that Divey, given his track record, will light the fire to bring necessary change to the server. I understand.

Thank you! This has been very helpful.
""""The other side"""" was a place where I spent nearly 3000 hours, so it'd be a shame to see it die, despite our differences over the years.
I hope that Divey can bring forward the change needed to keep it up, and I wish Soul a happy retirement.
you guys keep talking about the otherside and all I can think of is the upside down from stranger things
Not really looking into fueling the fire, but FL has just lost two of their most active Developers (at least considering what we can pubicly see). They're down to one coder and a few inactive modelers.

Some peeps here might be interested in hearing about this ^^