Limelight Forums

Full Version: What made you stay with LimeLight?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
So I'm curious what made people stay with LimeLight?

For me it was the community and the roleplays I saw on here, definitely better than DarkRP which I use to play quite frequently, hell I joined with a friend to mess around on the server but after seeing how things are on the server and the community that was on here, I felt like it was totally up my street, always looked for a server where you can actually do RP without someone coming and murdering me with a /advert
Ive never got how someone can enjoy DarkRP servers,
It's the same things all the time.
Shooting and farming money.

I jumped over to LL when all the staff left "The-server-we-shall-not-name".
(Feb 16, 2020, 04:19 PM)Mr.Sir Wrote: [ -> ]Ive never got how someone can enjoy DarkRP servers,

to be honest I'm not entirely sure how I enjoyed DarkRP, joining that gamemode now gives me a headache
(Feb 16, 2020, 04:19 PM)Mr.Sir Wrote: [ -> ]Ive never got how someone can enjoy DarkRP servers,

Darkrp = Dark/underground roleplay, ofc it's shooting and making money illegally that's the point of the game mode, everyone is a minge deep inside anyway there is a reason why no game mode can beat darkrp. For a lot of people, there is nothing funny in roleplaying as a shop keeper or restaurant owner and totally many rules to follow.. they want something simple and underground stuff.
(Feb 16, 2020, 05:38 PM)lampard Wrote: [ -> ]

Darkrp = Dark/underground roleplay, ofc it's shooting and making money illegally that's the point of the game mode, everyone is a minge deep inside anyway there is a reason why no game mode can beat darkrp. For a lot of people, there is nothing funny in roleplaying as a shop keeper or restaurant owner and totally many rules to follow.. they want something simple and underground stuff.

I get your point of view, but this thread is about why you stuck with Limelight
And people enjoy roleplaying on LL as a shopkeeper or whatever otherwise they wouldnt stick around Smile
LL-FL merger when
Well. I originaly played fl under the guise of multyplayer gta. The main thing that drew me too LL was the new content. Fearlesss back then had been stagnating in terms of development. I stayed because the staff team was great. And RP was very lively back then. After that it was clans, since they became the main source of good rp.
The money. (God, I wish)

Nah, but in all seriousness it's the sense of community I get from this server and the uniqueness of the RPs I see, something I haven't found anywhere else in quite a few years.
getting banned over and over was kinda fun ngl
So a long but funny story actually -

So, it began back in 2016 when I first joined LL, I was fresh onto the PC gaming scene and a few games that i had always wanted to play, with Gmod being one of them, In my early day's of Gmod i played a lot of TTT because that's what i use to watch on Youtube, But one day I decided to explore and I came across LL, a City Role play and I thought to my-self 'Why not something new to try' so I jumped on and wandered around for about 3 hours playing the different Job's available to a low hour player (Mechanic, Civ, Chauffeur etc.) after these 3 Hours I got bored and in my infinite wisdom as a young teenager I thought it would be funny to try and RDM a bunch of people, get banned and continue my search on other server's most of which would have likely been Star wars RP or Dark RP, So I loaded my-self up as a Gun Dealer, Bought My-self a Glock and as much ammo as I could buy as a fresh player after making a little bit extra cash from Mechanic work being a chauffeur and I set off looking for designated group of targets and I was greedy, I wanted as many kills as possible and so i searched in city for about 5-8 minutes before I stumbled across a group of people, whom of which I will never forget it was; 1 Cop, 2 Civilians and 1 chauffeur, stood on the corner opposite the traffic light's Next to the Bank of America and I thought to my-self 'This is the best im gonna get'.

I went to cross the street and approach My designated target's but, in that single moment I was stopped by a player who's name to this day I Regrettably Don't remember but he handed me A mustang Which to this day I have cherished and kept through Thick and thin even through it's model change and buff's and Nerf's but i swore to My-self to never get rid of that Mustang and i held onto that Mustang and I still have it to this day, 1'800 Hours later 4 Years of LL and I still have it and He also handed me 100k and he said ''there you go bud, I noticed that you were new to the server and just wanted to give you something to help you out in you first beginning's) and so I said 'Thank's a lot man, I really appreciate that' and so I stopped right then and there and thought about what I was going to do and I chose to give the server another try, i stayed on that day for another 7 hours playing as a cop and finding my footing in the server that for the last 4 Years I have called My Home and my go to server, To this day I'm glad that by some chance of fate I was stopped from doing something dumb and what fate gave me in return was 4 years of fun, In this server I've met and lost friends, and have created Bonds with people that to this day I still hold dearly in my arm's, I have even had the chance to meet some of these friends IRL. my first Friend's John and Sam who stopped playing this server 2 years ago where the people I met August of last Year for the first time IRL, We drank together talked and i ended up staying the Night at his house, even to this day we chat and have even met up a few times since then, but none of that, None of this! Would have been possible with those 10 seconds where a kind player graciously gave me Some of his belongings with no expectations for something in return.

that Single Moment changed my life and for the better, Like I said I have made countless friends over the year's some I am still in contact with today and some i am Unfortunately no longer talking to, but over the years I can say that I have learned a lot from the friends that I have made and the experiences that I have had through out the years on this server and all I can say is, thank you.

Thank you to the mysterious player that Changed my life forever and paved a path of experiences that to this day I have never forgot, Thank you to you all for teaching me in how to be a better friend, a better person, a better role-player, thank you for teaching me to be a Kinder person and so thank you to you all, thank you all for being there though thick and thin with me and thank you all for Helping Shape this Community that I can gladly call... My Home.

[Image: 48680BEBB87DED86876EC9E32CD4185182551F05]

[Image: 4C3A95C20D4D8852F1408E59D7742E33862A4E3A]

[Image: 752C0147BBD48D98261D301A97A4F2CEE9C80A38]

[Image: 3D75A20B1CE76A4A46322C8298128248E4E1DFC9]

[Image: 977610DDB174449F454ABE432665EA89D56AFC7E]

[Image: 5D4FF46784189D11E3EECEDDBFF2DD194207440A]

[Image: 521BFD697B713711B4B18D1F4D39A5D63F550F3A]

[Image: 0EE92C9A86090A020C715B3E75240B06D53ACA3F]
(Feb 17, 2020, 12:02 AM)LONEWOLFGAMER6 Wrote: [ -> ]-Snip-

Didn't expect to read anything that deep
1. Good memories
2. The Fun
3. Found great friends and colleagues
(Feb 17, 2020, 01:20 AM)Burnett Wrote: [ -> ]1. Good memories
2. The Fun
3. Found great friends and colleagues
4. Getting Food Allowance by Temar
When I first joined, my only intention was to minge and fuck around, which eventually got me blacklisted. I gave the server another chance after a while and I really enjoyed being part of this community and the roleplay was up to standard so I decided to stick around.
I started playing CityRP after my friend first introduced me to it back in 2012 and I helped found LL in 2015. After all of this, this gamemode and community is like a second home for me that I may immerse myself in from time to time. I may no longer have the time to play as often with school and work taking up most of my existence, but I truly do want to see LL succeed. No matter how bad its gotten, and believe me when saying my patience for some members of the community has certainly been strained at times, I've tried my best to stick with it because this server and FL shaped who I am today. I've sunk 4,000 hours into FL and LL combined, and I hope other people will be able to share in the same enjoyment I once had.
Pages: 1 2 3