Limelight Forums

Full Version: EvoCity Newspaper - MCSO scandal leads to Governor's executive order
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: TgLIZ5l.png]

MCSO scandal leads to Governor's executive order

[Image: 7VdAWsy.jpg]

EVOCITY, ID - On 15 February, Governor Thomas Kirman () issued the second executive order of his first term as governor of Idaho. The order, shown below, directs the Idaho State Guard to exercise its policing powers within Marion County, citing an ineptitude to enforce state laws. The governor singled out the case of MCSO Cpl. Martin Abrons, instructing the execution of a warrant against Abrons which has lead to much controversy.

Earlier that day, a warrant was issued by Jacob Barley, a 4th District Judge also elected to the Supreme Court, ordering Abrons' arrest and appearance at court to face charges of assault and aggravated assault. Undersheriff Baumann issued a statement that: "No members of this agency [MCSO] are allowed to enforce or pursue the warrant issued in MCSO-1001-EC [Abrons' case]"

This controversial move has lead to Governor Kirkman being forced to call in the State Guard to handle criminal enforcement in Marion County - where the county forces have failed to exercise their duties. The governor also stated that he would be considering whether to strip police powers from MCSO officers who refused from, or ordered their inferiors to refrain from, executing the warrant against Abrons.

Changes made to the Idaho Statutes merged the Idaho State Police with the Idaho State Guard. 

The Executive Order, as issued:

[Image: OIT9FM6.png]

Published: 16 February, 2019
Submitted by: Pierre El Daher
[Image: rwo5xJh.png]
[Image: bE6j1oE.png]

EvoCity Newspaper is brought to you by the EvoCity News Corporation, a subsidiary of the Evo Broadcasting Corporation.

[Image: NzjceEn.gif]
The Idaho State Police finds the statements made at the end of this article very amusing at best and concerning at worst.

I find it hard to belive my Agency was merged with this so-called and wanna be military organization and that the Legislature would amend a Statute so quickly.

[Image: 775532d7b312212171e0cf5eabc70a68.png]

Colonel Russ Medhurst
Director - Idaho State Police
[burner e-mail]

Dear writer, I would like to share this paperwork that has been filed with the Marion County District Court Clerk, such can be viewed here

https://pdf.ac/5ah8jX
(Feb 16, 2020, 08:22 AM)WZSteve Wrote: [ -> ]-snip-

[Image: dmd8isr.png]
IDAHO STATE GUARD
Pro Deo Domo Patria

Headquarters, Idaho State Guard,
Office of the Adjutant General,
Fort Oakley,
Marion County, ID

Mr Russ Medhurst, 

I write in reply to your open letter of 16/02/20 where you called the Idaho State Guard a "wanna be military organisation". Let me just open by remarking that I find your comments highly amusing at best and concerning at worst. 

Due to the stipulations of IDAHO SENATE BILL NO 2 which was signed yesterday by Governor Thomas Kirkman, the Idaho State Guard absorbed some (of course not all) of the responsibilities of the Idaho State Police, which also gives us a limited role in civilian policing, unlimited by law as we are a State Defence Force operating under the authority of the Governor. The Guard itself was reactivated by Governor Kirkman as one of his first acts upon coming into office last year as a full time security and assistance force for the state government. If you are unable to find a copy of this law through the State Government, my office would be glad to provide you with one. 

The changes had been on the discussion table for a long while, however the events of yesterday likely served as an incentive from the legislature and executive to actually execute the changes. As you may or may not be aware, an Executive Order was issued yesterday (EXECUTIVE ORDER NO 2) which commanded the State Guard to effect the arrest of Marion County Sheriff's Office Corporal Martin Abrons, and also to carry out policing duties within the county of Marion, Idaho. 

Personally, I find it highly amusing that you claim to be the Director of the State Police, yet are willing to publicly attack another state agency, however the fact is that you are simply not the Director of the Idaho State Police. I do not recall ever seeing you elected by the senate or appointed by Governor Kirkman as the law requires. 

I must direct you to Idaho State Code, Title 18, Chapter 30, which states, "while acting falsely in asserting authority of law, attempts in any way to influence, intimidate, or hinder a public official or law enforcement officer in the discharge of his duties by means of, but not limited to, threats of actual physical abuse, harassment, or through the use of simulated legal process;" and "deliberately impersonates or falsely acts s a public officer or tribunal, public employee or any law enforcement authority in connection with or relating to any actual or purported legal process affecting persons or property;". The code stipulates that you could face "imprisonment in the county jail for a period not to exceed one (1) year, or by a fine not to exceed one thousand dollars ($1,000) or both."

I must ask you now to cease and desist your blatant flaming of our organisation and your claims to be the Director of the Idaho State Police. I have made a report of this matter to the Idaho State Guard Police, and an investigation will take place in due course.

[Image: 9HBdPTy.png]
Major General Julia Venter
Adjutant-General of the
Idaho State Guard & 
Idaho Military Division