Limelight Forums

Full Version: Denied a perfect suggestion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Why did this suggestion get denied? lol

it was 100% voted yes and still it gets denied.

Why not have Ambulance livery as we have livery for police cruisers??
Paramedic is even the second most used goverment character.

"As this is rarely requested by users, staff has decided that this feature wouldn't be a beneficial allocation of developers time."
Rarely asked for??, that's maybe why a suggestion was made, not always that people think of these things that it is possible to implement.

https://limelightgaming.net/forums/thread-26966.html
I guess it's because most of those votes are like "Yea, it wouldn't harm, but it's not a necessity", hence this reason comes up... not sure though. 

As I'm not a Limelight Dev I don't know what this change would require, I thought it would just be a simple true/false statement but apparently it isn't.
Perhaps can provide some more insight on this?
As far as I am aware limelight has opted to use liveries that are not map specific.
Developers can review a suggestion and deny it, should they come to the conculusion that the suggestion is not viable or is not worth their development time.
(Feb 12, 2020, 04:05 PM)Project Wrote: [ -> ]As far as I am aware limelight has opted to use liveries that are not map specific.
Developers can review a suggestion and deny it, should they come to the conculusion that the suggestion is not viable or is not worth their development time.

That's true, developers can do that.
But as shown in the how suggestions??? post, there's a process for the staff team to review suggestions. This suggestion was actually denied during this process.
[Image: KMS9eiytL5zN.png]

When there's only been 1/2 people who've requested the skin, staff decided it wasn't worth development time to put it on photon as a livery.
Anything further
(Feb 12, 2020, 04:05 PM)Project Wrote: [ -> ]As far as I am aware limelight has opted to use liveries that are not map specific.

Yet a few of the skins say Evo and some still say Rockford. So "limelight has opted to use liveries that are not map specific" doesn't seem to be right.
(Feb 12, 2020, 05:31 PM)Brin. Wrote: [ -> ]

Yet a few of the skins say Evo and some still say Rockford. So "limelight has opted to use liveries that are not map specific" doesn't seem to be right.

Skins are not liveries.
If the mechanic has to change it, it's a skin.
If it can be changed with photon, it's a livery.
(Feb 12, 2020, 05:37 PM)Doctor Internet Wrote: [ -> ]
(Feb 12, 2020, 05:31 PM)Brin. Wrote: [ -> ]

Skins are not liveries.

Ah okay, thanks for clearing that up. I can't imagine i'm the only one who thought they were the same.
(Feb 12, 2020, 05:38 PM)Brin. Wrote: [ -> ]
(Feb 12, 2020, 05:37 PM)Doctor Internet Wrote: [ -> ]
(Feb 12, 2020, 05:31 PM)Brin. Wrote: [ -> ]Yet a few of the skins say Evo and some still say Rockford. So "limelight has opted to use liveries that are not map specific" doesn't seem to be right.

Skins are not liveries.

Ah okay, thanks for clearing that up. I can't imagine i'm the only one who thought they were the same.

No problem. Main difference being skins are normally overwritten by local addons (as we've seen in the past, where people have been arrested for driving "police cars" that could only be seen by one officer), so we don't trust them to be reliable. Liveries on the other hand, are much more unique, so better for that sort of thing.

Guv

Anyone Else got anything else to add here?, or is this good to go in the archive?
You guys got a hard on to archive lol, go ahead.

Guv

Archived, No Further Questions To Be Answered