Limelight Forums

Full Version: Unban request: sebasti161
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Your Name: sebasti161
(I think forum account is named Darthvirus)

Ban ID: 1127 - Staff Impersonation. Going on other communities to harm LimeLights image and reputation.
1286 - Double accounting
1300 - Double accounting
2634 - TOS
2636 - Double accounting to avoid ban

Banned by: Brynn -
Noble -
[L²] Enzyme -
Console

Server: CityRP

Ban Reason: 1127 - Staff Impersonation. Going on other communities to harm LimeLights image and reputation.
1286 - Double accounting
1300 - Double accounting
2634 - TOS
2636 - Double accounting to avoid ban
[Image: 45774dd81403a2f8e0af911b2840170b.png]

Why should you be unbanned?: Heyo lads, so it's been ages since my last unban request so I figured it's worth a try.
I got banned in early november of 2015, accused of DDoSing the Fearless servers, which was later proven that I did not do. This made me go over the edge and I kind of screwed up by deciding to change my name to Limelight admins and join darkrp servers, minge around on those and then upload it to YouTube. This was absolutely a colossal fuckup on my part but it doesn't end there. I thought it was smart to double account 3 times to play on the servers, but I got caught pretty much right away every time. I also thought it was a good idea to message Brynn (I think) and say I had the Limelight gamemode, which got me a TOS ban as well.

So for the staff impersonation ban, I totally understand what I did wrong and I absolutely regret doing all of it. I should not have done what I did even though it was an angry response to getting an unjust ban, even though the evidence that you guys had at the time was sort of incriminating. 
Same for the doubble accounting bans, that was an absolutely stupid choice and I have no excuse for it other than I wanted to play on Limelight with my friends again.

Now the TOS ban is the one I still kind of want to argue against its validity. I messaged Brynn (IIRC) and said I had the Limelight gamemode, then Voluptious (dev at the time) added me on steam and wanted proof. I sent a picture and he told me they were just clientside files. I am also pretty sure I knew this from the person who sent me it, as I have no idea how you'd get your hands on a private gamemode.
I also want to mention that it's possible the above might not be completely accurate since it's been so many years since this happened, but I have written about it in previous Unban requests (link below).

And to end with, I want to say I completely understand why I've been banned for so long and what I've done wrong, however I didn't really understand at the time as I was still young (12 or 13 I believe), but it's 2020, a new decade and I'm turning 18 later this year so I do believe that I have changed for the better and that I deserve a new chance at Limelight.

Thanks for reading my unban request and I would be really happy if you considered it,
sebasti161

Evidence: https://limelightgaming.net/forums/threa...sebasti161

EDIT: Forgot to mention that I am purely posting it on sebasti161's behalf.
The staff-members have received your unban-request, Emil.

It will take a while for it to be reviewed.
Hey Sebasti, thanks for your appeal.

As the appeal is quite serious in nature and all banning admins are now no longer apart of the staff team, this might take a while to look into but I'll start investigating and if I've got questions I'll drop you a message on the thread.

Cheers.
Heyo, it's been a month since your last reply.
Is it possible you can give me an update on the case?
I understand this takes time to investigate, so I don't mind waiting, but an update would be nice.
Thanks Smile
-sebasti161
Apologies for the delay.

I've fell ill recently so as you can imagine that's kinda exhausted me out a fair bit. I'm waiting on staff members to confirm whether they hold notes on the case, I'll chase up again to make sure as I recognize it's been a while. Hopefully shouldn't be too long but thank you for your continued patience.

Cheers.
Hi Sebasti and thanks for the patience whilst we discussed this case.

It took a while as I had to look into the TOS ban. I can't say I'm satisfied in the amount of evidence we hold on that ban specifically and as a result I can't uphold that. As a result, that ban will be lifted and removed from record. This moves us on to the TOS bans and the other ban for impersonation.

After discussing as a team, some members of staff expressed concern which is understandable. Because of this, we'd only be able to offer you an unban with some strings attached, to make sure that you don't try to bring us into disrepute again, act in a toxic way or seriously misbehave whilst around the community. I'm afraid the only way I see this working is to keep you on thin ice for a while. I'll keep my eye out (as will other members of staff) to make sure you aren't seriously misbehaving, either on any of the points I mentioned above to do with toxicity or bringing us into disrepute, or other violations of a serious nature. If it's found that you're failing to meet our expectations, we'll discuss this with you and issue a suspension for a month. If the case requires it, discussion may also take place to extend that month's ban longer.

How would you feel about this?
Hey Night 
Thank you so much for this chance and I will of course accept this offer. I can confidently say I will never do anything of the sorts that I've done before, and I would fully accept that if I did anything like you've mentioned I would get banned for it.
Thank you again so much for the offer and I hope to join your servers again soon Smile
As you mentioned you were posting on Sebasti's behalf, would you please provide confirmation via Steam message that he's read the above deal and is willing to agree to it for me?
[Image: 5dP3PRh.png]
Approved.

Welcome back, please make sure that you read the rules and clarifications thoroughly as they've changed a fair bit since you've been here last.