Limelight Forums

Full Version: Explaining Roleplay
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Has anyone ever tried to explain roleplaying to anyone who maybe has never played Gmod or even play on a computer? 

It's quite difficult without sounding like an absolute nutcase.... It normally goes something like this for me. 

"So, it's like a little city where a few people come and take up roles like a police officer or a president and you just kinda act out those roles..." 

"Right, so, it's like a school playground?" 

"Well no, because you've kinda got to follow these rules like FearRP.." And then you've got to explain FearRP and then you just spiral into a bigger hole digging yourself further into the 'nutcase' category. 

Eventually, I just give up before some people in white coats come to my door my door to take me to a padded cell.
I explained LL to my older brother a while back and all the things you can do on there, and he said it was pretty cool and would like to try it someday, maybe one day I'll get him a steam account with Garry's Mod and he can play and then I can abuse him
(Jan 29, 2020, 04:10 AM)Marvin Hampton Wrote: [ -> ]Has anyone ever tried to explain roleplaying to anyone who maybe has never played Gmod or even play on a computer? 

It's quite difficult without sounding like an absolute nutcase.... It normally goes something like this for me. 

"So, it's like a little city where a few people come and take up roles like a police officer or a president and you just kinda act out those roles..." 

"Well no, because you've kinda got to follow these rules like FearRP.." And then you've got to explain FearRP and then you just spiral into a bigger hole digging yourself further into the 'nutcase' category. 

Eventually, I just give up before some people in white coats come to my door my door to take me to a padded cell.

I found it quite easy, a lot of my time on garry mod was funnelled into 1942RP, I just described it as virtual WW2 reenactment to put it simply.
(Jan 29, 2020, 02:07 PM)astro2k Wrote: [ -> ]
(Jan 29, 2020, 04:10 AM)Marvin Hampton Wrote: [ -> ]Has anyone ever tried to explain roleplaying to anyone who maybe has never played Gmod or even play on a computer? 

I found it quite easy, a lot of my time on garry mod was funnelled into 1942RP, I just described it as virtual WW2 reenactment to put it simply.

I never really played anything on Gmod but CityRP and trouble in terrorist town
I usually just say it's LARPing but not IRL and based on a modern city. It's also easy to just say GTA RP.
just say it's like a bedroom kink that isn't sexual (mostly) that a group of people do together
I mean I always just say that if people want to find out more to join, but my initial explanation is just "yea you make this guy and you choose careers and play as him"
(Jan 29, 2020, 10:54 PM)Bambo Wrote: [ -> ]just say it's like a bedroom kink that isn't sexual (mostly) that a group of people do together

I wasn't even surprised that you wrote this you weird fuck