Limelight Forums

Full Version: Unfair punishment appeal
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Your Name: Niko

Ban ID: 9512

Banned by: 

Server: V4B1

Ban Reason:  OOC Insults, Arguing with STaff, Statement regarding using loopholes to circumvent In - Game Rules

Why should you be unbanned?: I have talked with PilotC during the call and he was giving me a blacklist but said I was arguing with him about it. I only said that he did not understand me the way I was meant to be understood and thought otherwise. Also added charges ontop from what I said out of context. I dont go round through loopholes, I have no interest or gain from doing so. I was not arguing my punishment but mearly the situation at hand, and I already said sorry for doing so.

Evidence: Most is voice but some is in text:  (https://pastebin.com/M6bn7KvX)
The staff-members have received your unban-request, Woxy.

It will take a while for it to be reviewed.
Niko,

I will start by addressing that this situation has been discussed with a couple of colleagues and Night to get second opinions on the whole thing and I've already received approval from Night to deny this but figured I'd address some of your concerns to avoid further confusion.

While you were initially going to be issued a blacklist for your OOC comment you were excessively argumentative over the situation turning it from what I initially planned to be a verbal warning with possible permanent warning into an ethics / psychology lecture about offensiveness and perception. While I appreciate the attention to detail, an isn't always the best time to get into a full blown argument over what is right vs. wrong when we have the forums that allow for a more structured discussion after the fact. I also initially was going to provide you a blacklist ignoring the fact that you made comments that could be viewed as you openly admitting to a staff member that you would use private messaging in - game as a method to insult a player or bring up OOC issues "because staff wouldn't be able to see." These statements, whether you intended them to be such, were perceived as you openly admitting to using a loop - hole in attempt to circumvent our monitoring of such OOC conversations.

When it came time that I issued the blacklist though and gave you the opportunity to ask PUNISHMENT SPECIFIC questions if necessary (which I extend to all players) you took it as an opportunity to once again state how you were dissatisfied with the punishment and continued trying to drag the situation on so I felt it only appropriate to convert the punishment to what I felt was appropriate for your statements and actions during the . Overall at this point I felt no reason to continue providing leniency when you failed to take a step back, simply recognize that you made an honest error, and continue about your day.

In regards to you stating I didn't understand what you meant, while this may have been true I gave you multiple chances to explain yourself while I also took the time to explain why your actions were against the rules and we continued to run in a circle. It got to the point of you trying to argue your way out of the situation when you were cornered on factual evidence and a prior history of misconduct via OOC chats.

Ultimately you came across with an attitude that you felt someone else was at fault for your actions. You on multiple occasions tried to defend yourself by stating it wasn't your fault if someone else was offended and while in some settings we can't help the petty hypersensitivity of a certain individual this was a circumstance where it didn't matter whether someone was offended; but simply that an inappropriate comment was made that had no place being said in a public forum such as OOC.

Based on these reasons I see no obvious reason to reconsider your appeal and your punishment will stand.

|| STATUS: DENIED ||