Limelight Forums

Full Version: PilotC abuse of power
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Your Steam Name: Niko

Time/Date: 21:10

Your Steam ID: 
[font=Roboto, sans-serif]STEAM_0:0:34971534
[/font]

Name of Staff Member: PilotC

Summary/Details: Pilot has started talking to me about an issue regarding me saying "you are gay" in OOC to someone who said "I dont get that joke". He has done his job and explained to me that I broke the rules, I know I broke the rules. I accepted that and wanted to talk to him regarding how intention is different from perception. Because everything can be interpreted differently. Pilot assumes that I have tried to argue against his point but infact I was arguing to prevent future problems like this, because why should my jokes be punished when other do exactly the same and only on this occasion was it picked up at all. Furthermore, I was using other examples, the same way Pilot was to make his argument, and he assumed that I am making loopholes in the rules which is just the most arrogant and egotistic behaviour to show off that he has to be right because he's the big man. I never argued that I was not wrong, I was arguing that my and 90% of the server jokes are percieved as rude 1% of the time and it only is picked up that 1% of the time, whilst the other 99% is fueling the fire that nobody actually cares about. I personally feel targeted by the admin and request addionally that my case is seen by another admin, because Pilot clearly decided to punish me more for something unrelated that was taken out of context. Some of it was in voice but most is in the server logs (https://pastebin.com/M6bn7KvX) All I wanted to say to Pilot is that my message got lost, he assumed that I have an ego and I need to argue my point but I was arguing a point that ANYONE could have argued. At that point I realised that Pilot was too personally involved and was taking things too seriously and out of context. He said at the end that I am getting a blacklist and asked if I got anything to say. I responded that I ACCEPT the punishment, I know I was wrong, and that I wanted to say something, but he misunderstood me and thought I was then insulting him by arguing with him. 

I want to add as a personal note that I really don't want to miss playing on the server because I feel unjust and being punished by being targeted.

Evidence:
Under review.
Reviewed and concluded.

After discussion with Overlewd, we've determined that what happened here is not actually a case of misconduct by Pilot, if anything it would be a case of being too extreme with the punishment.

I'm unsure how you feel targeted from this incident. After speaking to Pilot my original judgement was correct, a statement like that normally doesn't warrant punishment (neither is it entirely appropriate to say either), but it can be addressed by a member of staff if needs be - which is what happened. Your conduct in OOC should always be of a respectful manner, and if you intend to joke then it should be done in a way that's clear. If it's specific to a person over PM, then it should be done in a way that won't offend another person, which by using the term you did you can't be sure of. In speaking to Pilot, he told me that originally he was only going to speak to you verbally and if it really warranted it then a permanent warning, which I can believe by the way he was speaking to you through the sit.

Because of how you were responding to him in the tone that you were, I got the same vibe that he did that you were speaking in a fairly confrontational manner. If you had accepted what you did was inappropriate and answered the questions Pilot had for you, then it very likely wouldn't have proceeded as far as it did.

As a result, this staff report will be concluded with no abuse noted. However I hope you enjoy the rest of your holidays, and with christmas being tomorrow then I hope you enjoy the day. As always if you have anything more to add then please do reach out.

Cheers,
[L²] Night
Supervising Administrator, Human Resources.