Limelight Forums

Full Version: Onset
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1105810/Onset/ 

This game just released. Its received a positive (however I'm assuming at this moment in time, a bias) reception. It's an unreal engine game, that uses Lua as its scripting language. The developer has already published a wiki with over 400 lua functions. I'm not sure what the future holds for this game, it has some potential. 

It's described as being like a mix of GMod RP, FiveM and Arma RP.
(Dec 16, 2019, 05:52 PM)Andromeda Wrote: [ -> ]https://store.steampowered.com/app/1105810/Onset/ 

This game just released. Its received a positive (however I'm assuming at this moment in time, a bias) reception. It's an unreal engine game, that uses Lua as its scripting language. The developer has already published a wiki with over 400 lua functions. I'm not sure what the future holds for this game, it has some potential. 

It's described as being like a mix of GMod RP, FiveM and Arma RP.

looks pretty gay if you ask me
Yikes, we've had some discussions about it in the gmodstore discord, and in LL.

Quote:[14:48] Internet: Onset is shit
[14:49] Internet: No OO api
[14:49] Internet: Shit docs
[14:49] Internet: The author doesnt care
[14:49] Internet: The community are a bunch of asslickers
[14:49] Internet: All code is CS
[14:49] Internet: Terrible monitization policy
[14:50] Internet: And a beta dude is making hacks already and the author dont care
[14:50] Internet: Its all p yikes

It's also limited to a single map, and yeah. It's very much early access. Give it a few years maybe, sure.
So I bought the game, played it for a solid 14 minutes before feeling the need to refund it
Most of the positive reviews are from people who got the game for free
Yeah. I spoke to Goigle about it. My interactions with the creator where not great. He is a bit of a knob, moreover the map is bad. And the fact you can't add more is a joke. 

And, with regards to Apollos comment. The reviews are biased as all hell.