Limelight Forums

Full Version: Christmas 2019 Presents
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: limelightchristmasbanner.png]

Hi all,

We're happy to announce the Presents event is returning this year!
The event will run from December 20th to January 1st.

To deter the chaos that can ensue from "present hunters", the presents are now unique to players. Players can only see their own presents and the presents are specifically spawned for them and in their vicinity.

That means:
  • You don't need to drive around to look for presents, they will pop up all around you
  • You don't have to try and beat someone to pick up the present
Based on your feedback, this year's event will no longer have the chance for getting a present where you "you found nothing." Snowballs can still be found in presents.
Additionally, based on user feedback the odds for the rarer items have been significantly reduced. This has been done by both reducing the individual odds of rare items and increasing the number of common items.
Seems no one has actually seen this so bumo
(Dec 19, 2019, 08:39 PM)Tom* Wrote: [ -> ]Seems no one has actually seen this so bumo

it starts on the 20th tom..
(Dec 19, 2019, 08:41 PM)Zaidplays Wrote: [ -> ]
(Dec 19, 2019, 08:39 PM)Tom* Wrote: [ -> ]Seems no one has actually seen this so bumo

The presents are already on the server so it's kinda confusing

and sToP dEvaLuEiNg mY lImiTeD eDiTiOn vEhIclEs (if there are any in the presents)
(Dec 19, 2019, 09:53 PM)Slowkiller965 Wrote: [ -> ]

and sToP dEvaLuEiNg mY lImiTeD eDiTiOn vEhIclEs (if there are any in the presents)

It's nice that you are already complaining about Legacy Vehicles in an event EVEN when you don't even know if they are part of this event.
(Dec 19, 2019, 11:15 PM)Dick Wrote: [ -> ]
(Dec 19, 2019, 09:53 PM)Slowkiller965 Wrote: [ -> ]
(Dec 19, 2019, 08:41 PM)Zaidplays Wrote: [ -> ]it starts on the 20th tom..

It's nice that you are already complaining about Legacy Vehicles in an event EVEN when you don't even know if they are part of this event.

Yes.

here's what happened:
Original start date was the 19th. After some internal discussion we were gonna wait a day. Changelogs incorrectly reported the code was not on the server, but it was. Therefore presents were on the server and enabled before the 20th.
do we have any idea the present list and their chances
Nice event, well thought out. Doesn't make people drive like lunatics and fight for presents.
Definitely a huge improvement compared to the system used before. This system also doesn’t prevent too much RP like the system before as people can start passive roleplays in their area and pick up the presents when available.
I second the previous statements. Goigle put a lot of effort into making the new system more unique, stable and manageable. Goog job!
(Dec 20, 2019, 06:00 PM)bigboss2k15 Wrote: [ -> ]do we have any idea the present list and their chances

Off the top of my head, the only supercar in the event is the McLaren. The prior pumpkin odds for the rare cars was 0.083% and current odds for the McLaren is 0.0259%. This is on top of a soft cap on how many presents you can collect. Before you could grab as many as you see, now it will only spawn them in set intervals. I'm not home, but I threw in some other cars that not many people (in my experience) use or own. Best case scenario it'll add some variety to the vehicles used by people on the server, worst case scenario you can just hit that sell button and liquidate it into cash.
(Dec 20, 2019, 10:31 PM)goigle Wrote: [ -> ]
(Dec 20, 2019, 06:00 PM)bigboss2k15 Wrote: [ -> ]do we have any idea the present list and their chances

Off the top of my head, the only supercar in the event is the McLaren. The prior pumpkin odds for the rare cars was 0.083% and current odds for the McLaren is 0.0259%. This is on top of a soft cap on how many presents you can collect. Before you could grab as many as you see, now it will only spawn them in set intervals. I'm not home, but I threw in some other cars that not many people (in my experience) use or own. Best case scenario it'll add some variety to the vehicles used by people on the server, worst case scenario you can just hit that sell button and liquidate it into cash.
only reason i'm asking is because i'm poor as fuck and need money so like i wouldn't mind getting the p1 for ez 1 mil
Don’t let this distract you from the fact the day 25 reward will probably be a scarf
(Dec 21, 2019, 07:11 PM)SpaghettiFTW Wrote: [ -> ]Don’t let this distract you from the fact the day 25 reward will probably be a scarf

I was gonna say why are you so heated about scarves and then remembered they're to keep you warm