Limelight Forums

Full Version: Bark's Resignation
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Dear Limelight,

So this is a thread I never thought I'd write, weird how things change huh.

Anyway, as the title suggests it's time for me to fly the nest and leave my post to someone who's able to dedicate more of their time to being with LL.

After a bit of a rough few months in my personal life I've found myself drawn a lot more to IRL than Limelight. In fact I just don't have the time now if I'm honest, today has been my first day off in a month...

My weeks are taken up by university and my weekends now are visiting my Girlfriend, friends, family or working... So really I simply can't see a point in the next few years where I'd actually be able to return as confidently as I'd need to.

Id be lying if I wasn't leaving because I felt the culture had changed within the team. When I first started we were all friends and a close knit team... As things have progressed to this point I just feel like there's so much infighting and factionalism in the team that it's hard to find where I would place. I don't get paid to be an admin, despite promises when we started. This wouldn't be a problem if it was actually fun but frankly LL became more and more like work the further we went along the road and by now I just find a lot of both the community and team take themselves way too seriously.

LL is at a crossroads... As one of the longest serving members of staff and someone who's been on CityRP since he was 14 (I'm 21 now) things have changed, the environment has changed and in my opinion without a radical direction change we're going to sink faster than we can swim. I asked myself if I could fix this, and I don't think I can, I'm more of a dinosaur now.

So that leads me to the end, you either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the enemy. I think many of you would see me as the latter and would be glad I'm gone, I'm fairly certain I can give a few names of people.... It's been emotional, I've given my all but now it's time for me to receive that jacket I'm probably a good 6 months overdue.

I'll probably still stick around and come on occationally, I just don't know when... Ya'll know my steam if you want to contact me and if we're close I'll give you my Snapchat 🤷‍♂️

Thanks,

H.

P.s Brynn wanted a mention: you're a twat stop being a puss and meet me in person k thx xx. There you go Smile
rip bye son
Good luck in your future endeavors.
OOOOF
Thanks for serving LimeLight for so long! 

I wish you all the best Barkles. Smile
Welcome to the veteran team!
The same fate that most of us have met, or will meet... Adulthood. 

Make sure to check in with for your veteran jacket.
Here goes another L² veteran. Not many left in the staff team who were with us since 2015.

All the best in the future Bark! Good luck at university.
I second your opinion, CityRP has changed for the worst - Amazingly, I started RPing at the same time as you. We certainly have crossed paths before. With each original staff member that leaves, LimeLight feels less and less like the CityRP I use to play. 

Good luck with your future endeavours!
It's a shame to see you go. Thanks for all that you've done for LL/the time that you've put in over the years.

Best of luck in the future!
Godspeed Barkles, it's been a pleasure playing with you.
I’ve known you for close to 5 years and although we’ve never been particularly close Barkles, you’re one of the few who’s managed to change limelight for the better. Good luck with university and hey, at least we only live 30 minutes apart, come visit x
Goodnight sweet prince
Good luck with everything Barkles.
that mention was crap, just like your admin skills
Pages: 1 2 3