Limelight Forums

Full Version: Decay.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Apex

Your Steam Name:

Time/Date: 9:20pm 06/12/19

Your Steam ID: 
[font=Roboto, sans-serif]STEAM_0:0:80752530
[/font]

Name of Staff Member:

[L²] Decay
Summary/Details:
Decay decided as punishment for completely within the rules roleplay to blacklist me for 6 hours as president and remove one of my reps (Of which I worked very hard and usually spend upwards of 4+ hours planning for.)

This was as a result of me demoting the police chief and one other officer for attempting to arrest me for running a red light (which was at the time not illegal in any of the perm laws) and following through with an in character agreement with another player.

The agreement was that I would give the player an LEO pass to use ELS lights on his vehicle as a display piece in a museum at downtown motors and that he was not to drive the dodge monaco on public roads - I have him a bolo to outline that which can be found in the logs. And if he was to break that rule the car would be made property of the government to be auctioned or otherwise used - I decided to use it as my personal vehicle. 

The officers tried to arrest me for theft and ended up fining me, I demoted them shortly after because in my eyes it was corruption - should also be noted the officers attempted to arrest and disarm my SSAs twice during the altercation (One of which was actually witnessed by Decay.)

I also found it massively inappropriate how he seemed content if not smug with punishing me and removing my rep saying "You're gonna love this, watch this" and pretty much just saying "it's a common sense law" in regards to the traffic light violation - nothing short of a poor attitude maybe a bad day whatever, all I know is if I acted the same way towards him I'd surely have a ban. 

Evidence: n/a

Apex

(Dec 6, 2019, 11:34 PM)Zaidplays Wrote: [ -> ]Cry me a river

thanks for your input

Apex

I also recall decay saying I was feeding him "Bullshit" check the logs, check the bolo. Everything I have said is the truth and I'd seriously like an apology. - It's not acceptable for me to act this way towards staff so it really shouldn't be acceptable for them to act this way towards me.

Apex

(Dec 6, 2019, 11:38 PM)Zaidplays Wrote: [ -> ]
(Dec 6, 2019, 11:35 PM)Apex Wrote: [ -> ]
(Dec 6, 2019, 11:34 PM)Zaidplays Wrote: [ -> ]Cry me a river

thanks for your input

np sarg, if you take a step back you'll notice its just a server on a game not that erious
nothing to do with you, please leave the thread.
I mean, traffic violations as you noted in the first sentence of your summary would be pretty common sense to follow. Driving like a madman will obviously land you in trouble with the police.

Apex

(Dec 7, 2019, 12:05 AM)Night Wrote: [ -> ]I mean, traffic violations as you noted in the first sentence of your summary would be pretty common sense to follow. Driving like a madman will obviously land you in trouble with the police.

Hardly driving like a mad man, I did not speed, I did not cross dangerously onto the otherside of the road.
Hi,

I deemed your actions as failRP because:

It is not the president's job to impound vehicles, let alone joyride in them and break traffic laws. Running red lights isn't a set law in the perm laws but it goes to common senses that it's against the law, and is probably the most common reason police pulls one over (except for maybe speeding or running stop signs) A person such as yourself should know this by now with well over 1300 hours.

In the eyes of the officers (and mine) you're the one being corrupt thinking you are above the law as the president and can break traffic laws just because you are the president. The way I saw it and still see it is that you demoted two officers for doing their jobs. I intervened in the situation were the chief of police tried to apprehend your SAA agent and thus the situation is voided as I had to take it OOC. 

REPs are given to players for doing decent roleplay, and I think its fair one should lose REP when one is doing FailRP. You do not get to choose your punishments. On top of this, I chose to give you an additional 6 hours blacklist from the president job due to your experience as a roleplayer because I know you're capable of doing really good RP.

As for my attitude in this situation, I should've chosen the high road but, in every I've been with you ever, you have insulted players, refused to co-operate, refused to see other peoples perspective of it and quite frankly been smug yourself. I figured I'd fight fire with fire on this one. I should've used better judgment and for that, I apologize for however you reap what you sow.

Apex

(Dec 7, 2019, 12:27 AM)Decay Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

I deemed your actions as failRP because:

It is not the president's job to impound vehicles, let alone joyride in them and break traffic laws. Running red lights isn't a set law in the perm laws but it goes to common senses that it's against the law, and is probably the most common reason police pulls one over (except for maybe speeding or running stop signs) A person such as yourself should know this by now with well over 1300 hours.

In the eyes of the officers (and mine) you're the one being corrupt thinking you are above the law as the president and can break traffic laws just because you are the president. The way I saw it and still see it is that you demoted two officers for doing their jobs. I intervened in the situation were the chief of police tried to apprehend your SAA agent and thus the situation is voided as I had to take it OOC. 

REPs are given to players for doing decent roleplay, and I think its fair one should lose REP when one is doing FailRP. You do not get to choose your punishments. On top of this, I chose to give you an additional 6 hours blacklist from the president job due to your experience as a roleplayer because I know you're capable of doing really good RP.

As for my attitude in this situation, I should've chosen the high road but, in every I've been with you ever, you have insulted players, refused to co-operate, refused to see other peoples perspective of it and quite frankly been smug yourself. I figured I'd fight fire with fire on this one. I should've used better judgment and for that, I apologize for however you reap what you sow.

iirc the president also doesn't accept every single individual warrant, nor does he grant weapons passes nor does he sit in an office above a prison; it's not that much of a far stretch to take a vehicle that is for all intents and purposes mine now in character. - Not even bothered about the REP I'm more bothered that you only appear to have taken it to punish me for my attitude in past sits; which evidently irk'd you as you mentioned it in game as well.

With regards to the law, it doesn't exist. It's just simply not there. Mental gymnastics like "It's common sense" are fine but so is saying on the right side of the road so why do we even have any perm laws at all if they are common sense? The law didn't exist, I warned the officers of that many many times but they decided to carry on with the stop and fine me for something that literally wasn't illegal. I get where you guys are coming from, I do. But I'd be nice if you could return the favor.
You're right. The Presidents in real-life doesn't accept warrants this is done by judges, Limelight doesn't have judges so it's up to the president to do this as he is the highest rank within the government so it makes sense that he would do it. Same goes for chief of police, in real life this wouldn't really be his decision but if there is no President, it makes sense that he would handle warrants. The President has an office on the top floor of the nexus because again, it makes sense from a map point of view as it's designed that way, players can and often do get their own property to run the government from there. The driving on the right side of the road is a common sense thing too yes, but its in there because we get players from all over the world and in some countries they drive on the left side and to have this in the perma laws isn't a bad idea but traffic lights are the same all over the world. Red means stop, orange is the "use caution" prepare to stop/go and green means go very simple to fathom. What we do have however on LL is a mechanic job and a tow truck alongside with a police force that would be more suited for vehicle impounds, I think it makes little sense that a President would go and do this himself and then to cruise around in a car and break traffic laws. 

I didn't take your REP solely on your attitude, but your attitude had a factor in it. Every time you're presented with punishment or in an you "don't care I really don't care just do it yeh don't care" but one thing I know people care about are their REPs so it was your attitude + the fail RP and I would hope that you actually changed your ways a little bit because you have a long record of being toxic, something that isn't really welcomed.

Apex

please bare in mind the hummer was already at nexus, so it was already there for me to take. which was within the confines of RP mine to take, use, do whatever I wanted with not unlike my own car...

There is no law regarding traffic lights and you explaining how they work doesn't change that. - Keep the rep.

(edit for spelling and grammar)
Hi Apex, apologies for the delay in getting round to this, thanks for bearing with us.

I've discussed the case with Overlewd and we're both on the same page here and agree that the punishment given out was valid, and that he was okay to be taking away a REP as a form of punishment. This is done by many staff members, including myself, when they feel that roleplay wasn't up to the standard we expect from someone with that many REP's and in this case, this would be considered an unorthodox punishment but it's still fine.

The only thing we were concerned to hear about was how Decay responded whilst in a sit, and this will be something I'll discuss with him. The lack of evidence on this count does make it hard to determine exactly what was said and the context if any that was behind it, but Decay has given his statement too confirming this which I appreciatd, but regardless this shouldn't happen and I apologise that it did.

In regards to the traffic lights, it is still common sense to follow that regardless. Not everything can be covered by the rules and perma laws, thus we expect our players to use common sense to fill the gaps.

Decay will be reminded about proper behaviour towards players, but other than this no abuse noted.

Thank you,
[L²] Night
Supervising Administrator, Human Resources.