Limelight Forums

Full Version: Appeal
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Apex

Your Name: Apex

Issued by: Please include the [L²]/[L²:M] tag. [font=Roboto, sans-serif][L²] Goigle [/font]

Blacklist ID: [font=Roboto, sans-serif]79180  [font=Roboto, sans-serif]79179[/font][/font]

PRA (26465) - 11.7 - Shot driver of unrelated vehicle to death without attempt at IDing / stopping driver
Server: Main

Why should you be unblacklisted?:
Alright, few things: The situation really wasn't clear enough based on the evidence provided to say the driver was unrelated to the incident; the officer had called it out. 

Also I'd like to point back to the fact I barely remembered the situation so could hardly defend myself and the video clip lagged around the time he was shot but you can actually see me speak, just saying it's very possible I did attempt to stop the driver. However! Despite all that that isn't my issue.

My issue is 12 hours is a really, really long blacklist to institute for a situation with a lot of blanks in the information. I'm not negotiating or proclaiming anything just asking you to reconsider how harsh the punishment was; if you still decide this was an absolutely fair and just punishment so be it.

Evidence: N/A 
The staff-members have received your unblacklist-request, Apex.

It will take a while for it to be reviewed.
(Dec 2, 2019, 05:03 PM)Apex Wrote: [ -> ]Alright, few things: The situation really wasn't clear enough based on the evidence provided to say the driver was unrelated to the incident; the officer had called it out. 

Also I'd like to point back to the fact I barely remembered the situation so could hardly defend myself and the video clip lagged around the time he was shot but you can actually see me speak, just saying it's very possible I did attempt to stop the driver. However! Despite all that that isn't my issue.

The lag was only a second or so long, that would not really have been adequate time to get someone to stop. At 1:39 when you are last seen on screen there is no voice indicator on your head. After that, you're behind the dude and getting close to default mic distance.

(Dec 2, 2019, 05:03 PM)Apex Wrote: [ -> ]My issue is 12 hours is a really, really long blacklist to institute for a situation with a lot of blanks in the information. I'm not negotiating or proclaiming anything just asking you to reconsider how harsh the punishment was; if you still decide this was an absolutely fair and just punishment so be it.

The issue is precisely the blanks. If you weren't sure if he was involved, why would you shoot him?

The other issue is your history. You have 13 bans and 22 blacklists and almost 1,400 hours. 12 of those blacklists are for weapons. A bunch of your punishments are, like this blacklist, for excessive use of force. You don't really have an excuse to not know better.

Apex

(Dec 2, 2019, 08:55 PM)goigle Wrote: [ -> ]
(Dec 2, 2019, 05:03 PM)Apex Wrote: [ -> ]Alright, few things: The situation really wasn't clear enough based on the evidence provided to say the driver was unrelated to the incident; the officer had called it out. 

The lag was only a second or so long, that would not really have been adequate time to get someone to stop. At 1:39 when you are last seen on screen there is no voice indicator on your head. After that, you're behind the dude and getting close to default mic distance.

(Dec 2, 2019, 05:03 PM)Apex Wrote: [ -> ]My issue is 12 hours is a really, really long blacklist to institute for a situation with a lot of blanks in the information. I'm not negotiating or proclaiming anything just asking you to reconsider how harsh the punishment was; if you still decide this was an absolutely fair and just punishment so be it.

The issue is precisely the blanks. If you weren't sure if he was involved, why would you shoot him?

The other issue is your history. You have 13 bans and 22 blacklists and almost 1,400 hours. 12 of those blacklists are for weapons. A bunch of your punishments are, like this blacklist, for excessive use of force. You don't really have an excuse to not know better.
14 of those blacklists are 3 years old, another 4 are 1 year old, and all of my bans are well over a year old with only 5 being in the last 3 years. Please put it into perspective.
I understand that, I was by no means calling you a minge or anything like that. I am just pointing out that you've already been corrected that number of times so it's not like it's a situation you haven't encountered before.

The major reason the blacklist was over 10 hours long is that less than 2 weeks before this current blacklist you were blacklisted for
Quote:FailRP | Running round as SS shooting at people | Should know better four your hour count | Intentionally doing this to get BL.

I saw it necessary to make your blacklist longer to ensure you do not continue to break weapons rules. A 4 or even 6 hour blacklist is easy to grind through, a 12 hour one is not.

Apex

(Dec 2, 2019, 09:12 PM)goigle Wrote: [ -> ]I understand that, I was by no means calling you a minge or anything like that. I am just pointing out that you've already been corrected that number of times so it's not like it's a situation you haven't encountered before.

The major reason the blacklist was over 10 hours long is that less than 2 weeks before this current blacklist you were blacklisted for
Quote:snip
I saw it necessary to make your blacklist longer to ensure you do not continue to break weapons rules. A 4 or even 6 hour blacklist is easy to grind through, a 12 hour one is not.
I'd argue otherwise, but it's your choice and I can't make it for you (despite how convenient that'd be) I still maintain it's a bit of an overreaction, I likely won't have interest in waiting it out.
(Dec 2, 2019, 09:16 PM)Apex Wrote: [ -> ]I'd argue otherwise, but it's your choice and I can't make it for you (despite how convenient that'd be) I still maintain it's a bit of an overreaction, I likely won't have interest in waiting it out.

You're welcome to, this is your unblacklist appeal. I'm not instantly closing it or anything, when someone posts an appeal I send it out to a couple others to get their opinions too.

Also, there's more to the server than just aggressive RP. You don't necessarily need to wait it out, just do some passive RP
Okay, so I've chatted with people. Everyone agreed the blacklist itself was valid. Everyone I talked to except 1 agreed the blacklist length was acceptable and reasonable. With that said, it's not a popularity contest on who thinks what length is right, I was just gathering perspectives. Dissenting perspectives are often the most helpful.

With that in mind and to give you the benefit of the doubt, despite your history and recent intentional blacklist, I moved your blacklist from 12 hours total to 8 hours total.