Limelight Forums

Full Version: Intelligence lead policing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Apex

A handy guide for LEOs to catch the crimz.

This is pretty much just a reference handbook on the concepts of intelligence lead policing; it translates into different ways in game and you can mix and match strategies to suit your needs.

1. What is intelligence lead policing?

It is as it sounds, it's gathering and using intelligence to build up a case or picture of who the criminals are, where they operate and how. 

2. How do I do it?

You'll find there are many different ways in which your force, or you as a member of a force can gather intelligence on criminals and subsequently use that to create enough evidence to knock on doors and slap on cuffs.

The public:
The public are a massive asset to any investigation you may be partaking in or leading, they have a lot more eyes than yourself and are far more likely to interact with the people you might be investigating; so appeals for public information are a great idea to start building that intelligence map of who, where, how and why. 

It's important however to distance the public from the investigation, no one will be interested in speaking to you if they feel they might be associated with the investigation; later in the guide we'll discuss the importance of doing your own groundwork. But as a general rule see what information the public might produce then build your own case on that. 

Domestic:
Domestically sourced intelligence in this instance refers to intelligence that you as a police force have acquired yourself, it's not quick and it's not easy but it's pretty necessary to actually confirm if any intel is worth while and is also important so that the content of your investigation cannot be pinpointed to one source.

You can domestically investigate through a number of covert strategies, and these will vary depending on the objective of your investigation, if you are fishing for a bite then it might be worth while watching where criminals tend to find themselves such as drug dealers, large industrial units that seemingly have no income to support the operation, or businesses that do not have any customers. 

If you have someone special in mind you want to visit then it's time to get some snacks cause it might take awhile! You will most likely have to situate yourself close to the people you want to look at, even if that means buying the property adjoining theirs (Say in apartments) and planting bugs to listen to their discussions, and following them whilst recording their associates - birds of the same feather flock together. (Using the radar gun is very convenient for this as you can scan cars that meet and take note of those identifying registration plates) 

Uncover work takes time, is risky and requires a bit of finesse but it can be highly fruitful in catching otherwise hard to locate criminals such as weed farms which have a reality low law enforcement profile.

Inter-agency:
Intelligence from other agencies is rare in the game setting, but generally speaking do not hesitate to cooperate with agencies such as the FBI, etc. But from my experience the actual strategies employed by many of the "investigative" type clans or groups are very flimsy so be prepared to take control and give guidance.
Just do what WY does - lock them in a blacksite and beat them until they give us information Wink
(Dec 2, 2019, 12:42 AM)Judge Rage Wrote: [ -> ]Just do what WY does - lock them in a blacksite and beat them until they give us information Wink

Judge do you know how fucking hard it is to keep a lid on PR nightmares when you’ve got a blabbermouth?
(Dec 2, 2019, 01:28 AM)Montyfatcat Wrote: [ -> ]
(Dec 2, 2019, 12:42 AM)Judge Rage Wrote: [ -> ]Just do what WY does - lock them in a blacksite and beat them until they give us information Wink

Judge do you know how fucking hard it is to keep a lid on PR nightmares when you’ve got a blabbermouth?

I suppose we shouldn't tell them all about the child slaves we have manufacturing our equipment, right?

Apex

(Dec 2, 2019, 01:35 AM)Mackaye99 Wrote: [ -> ]
(Dec 2, 2019, 01:28 AM)Montyfatcat Wrote: [ -> ]

I suppose we shouldn't tell them all about the child slaves we have manufacturing our equipment, right?
just don't let them know what u did to Epstein

Apex

A bit of general disclosure on this guide whilst I am here:

The information and advice is loosely based on real strategies and tactics used in modern day policing (specifically within the UK, but it transfers over the the US model well enough) and is by no means an exhaustive list in an academic sense; there are inherent challenges presented to the intel gatherer in the game because of the lack of population, cctv and third party / open source records such as social media and phone records, etc. So as a result I have condensed most of the methods into a workable strategy for the game environment.  

However, should you want to read further on the subject anyway I'll drop some links here: 

https://www.unodc.org/documents/organize...alysts.pdf

https://www.app.college.police.uk/app-co...n-process/

https://www.app.college.police.uk/app-co...-strategy/

Guv

*inserts badge*
[Image: LurksfV.png]