Limelight Forums

Full Version: Earthquake strikes Albania
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
An earthquake with a 6.4 magnitude hit Albania at around 4:00AM (local time) on Tuesday. It was the strongest earthquake to hit Albania in decades. Thousands of buildings were damaged, hundreds collapsed, over 300 people were injured and over 20 have been confirmed dead. 

Many people are stuck under the rubble and still missing. Nearby countries have offered their assistance since we didn't have enough rescue teams or equipment to find and help the missing people. 

Source: https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com...index.html

Personal Feelings
It was probably one of the worst moments in my life. Waking up at 4AM spread so much chaos. People screamed and ran out the buildings. The shaking was so severe I thought the building was gonna collapse, and it felt like it wouldn't stop. I had to stay out from 4am to 6pm (til i moved to another city) since it was too risky to stay inside through the aftershocks.
That is really striking. Considering I was chatting with you just 1 hour prior, that even makes it go deeper. As far as I know there was already a small earthquake before (as you said it) which was already kinda worrying. 

I think nobody wants and nobody should experience something like that. Waking up in the middle of the night due to the earth shaking is just... I didn’t experience one myself yet (well, I think I did but nobody noticed it, as it was too minor. That happened around 9 years ago). 
I think that one just feels so unsafe... When there’s something like a robbery or so, you still can just flee (as long as you’re not involved but just witness it). In case of an earthquake, everything just seems to unsafe... Yes, one leaves their buildings etc but those could potentially still collapse. Wherever you go, the earth is basically still shaking... 

I hope they also find the people that are still missed... alive.
(Nov 27, 2019, 12:22 PM)kellekerell Wrote: [ -> ]I think that one just feels so unsafe... When there’s something like a robbery or so, you still can just flee (as long as you’re not involved but just witness it). In case of an earthquake, everything just seems to unsafe... Yes, one leaves their buildings etc but those could potentially still collapse. Wherever you go, the earth is basically still shaking... 
That's the worst thing about it - it cannot be predicted and you cannot escape it.
That sounds very scary!

Hope those affected get better and that you are not too shaken from the incident.