Limelight Forums

Full Version: John Jong Suspension Appeal
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Name: John Jong

Ban ID: 8007, 8136, 8140, 8142

Banned by: Please include the [L²]/[L²:M] tag. And tag their forum account. () Console/ / Internet

Server: Main

Ban Reason:

8007, 8136, 8140, 8142 - Double Accounting

Why should you be unbanned?:
I feel that I should be unbanned as I have severe regret for the actions I did a few months ago and I believe that I deserve a second chance on LL, yes I know I shouldnt of DAd that was an extremely stupid idea of mine and then to keep doing it was an idiotic thing to do. I am sorry from the bottom of my heart to Nightmare for the thing that I wont discuss here (I have also given a more in depth apology in private to him). I am also extremely sorry to any staff that I caused problems with during my previous times on LL and I promise I have changed and will be a much better person if and when I return.

Added onto above:
What I did over a year ago was extremely stupid and dumb of me and I sincerely regret what I did, since then I have gotten a job and realised there is more to life than being a toxic prick, again to anyone I caused offence to especially Night I am truly and deeply sorry for what I caused.

Thank you for reading my UBR

Many Thanks,
John Jong

This post was written by John Jong and posted on his behalf. The contents of this post have not been reviewed, read, screened, or examined against the rules and guidelines of LimelightGaming prior to posting. The words of this post are of writer's origin and all responsibility for such words should be directed towards the writer.
The staff-members have received your unban-request, Zambie.

It will take a while for it to be reviewed.
Hello,

Can you close the UBR posted by Pufitee on John Jongs behalf? 

This post was written by John Jong and posted on his behalf. The contents of this post have not been reviewed, read, screened, or examined against the rules and guidelines of LimelightGaming prior to posting. The words of this post are of writer's origin and all responsibility for such words should be directed towards the writer.
My ban has already expired, so it's just for the DA bans.
Is there any update for this inquiry? It's been several days without an acknowledgment from the administration team that this suspension appeal is being reviewed and discussed internally. It gives the appearance that it's being ignored or it's gone unnoticed.
Hi John.

Apologies for the delay, I've had a lot on and I've been meaning to write a fair bit so wasn't able to find the time until now.

You've certainly got quite a bit of history with us, and I still don't think you entirely recognize how frustrating it was to investigate each incident. You created many different Steam accounts to DA in-game, then made new forum accounts to DA on the Discord and to mess around with the wiki, and you messed around to the extent that Enzyme had issued a service-wide suspension on you as you shown so little regard for both our staff or our rules. Those aren't issued lightly.

Enzyme isn't on the team anymore, but his response on your previous appeal shows his train of thought quite clearly. I'm happy that you've apologised, but that doesn't make it any easier to lift your suspensions. There's no guarantee that this won't happen to someone else, and speaking to staff throughout the course of this appeal, they believe you haven't changed much which is concerning.

I don't want to review this solely by myself though as I recognize I'm more involved in this, so I'll be discussing this with Overlewd over the next few days or so and we'll see where we go from there.

Cheers.
Hello Night,
Thank you for the response, I now understand how much of a cunt I was and cant imagine how much stress I have caused however I am truly, truly sorry for any and all inconveniences caused by my horrendous actions. All I am asking for is just a way to prove that I have matured a lot and have become a much better RPer instead of the immature prick I was back then. I remember the night I went and DAd multiple times, I just started to create accounts and join the server to get auto banned so I could rack up loads of permas (fuck knows why i was honestly so stupid back then.). Again I am so sorry with what happened between us back then and I hope that wont affect us or your judgement about my bans. Again with the wiki I think I was just drunk that night and ended up fucking it up sorry to any undue stress this caused. The discord DAs as well should never have been done but please know this was never done in a negative way just wanted to join a channel and say hello to Ghost and Bambo, I know this is not a valid reason for double accounting however I mentioned it incase it may possibly help in this case.

Another thing to add is that you mentioned about speaking to staff throughout the course of the appeal, is that since my first appeal? Since my first ban? or since the start of this appeal? Obviously if you cant name the staff then please feel free to mention what they have said as this may enable me to change and become a better person as a whole.

Many Thanks
John.
Hi.

I appreciate you may not have had mal intent behind the DA's but I'm sure you recognise that regardless it's not acceptable. What's preventing me from unbanning you is a service-wide suspension that was put on you by Enzyme when he was still around, and after discussion with Overlewd (because I'm involved, it would be best to gather the opinion of someone who isn't me, plus Overlewd was working with Enzyme when the service-wide suspension was enacted) we've decided right now that it isn't a good plan to unban you judging from the opinion of other staff and how you behaved towards me. Whilst I'm happy you apologised, this isn't to say that it could happen again which isn't something we'd want to deal with. Your behaviour, even putting aside the incident between you and I, is still highly unacceptable and would it be anyone else then I imagine they'd be in the same position too.

I won't be able to name the staff who I spoke to, but they said that you didn't show much change when spoken to, which doesn't fill me with confidence. I hope this is something for you to take onboard.

I appreciate the appeal but as mentioned before, I'm not able to accept this. I hope you have a good christmas though and wish you all the best.

Cheers.