Limelight Forums

Full Version: Hong Kong
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: C2iKv4z.png]
[font=sans-serif]香港(Hong Kong) protests 2019
[/font]
Didn't see a thread on this, kinda surprised, I suppose you guys don't sit on a role play forum to discuss real world events. But oh well, thought it would be worth raising awareness on this as right now this is a major world event whether you realise it or not.

I wont do much justice of explaining the situation here so I will direct you all to some decent resources so you can give it a good read if you so desire;

Subreddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/HongKong/
Admittedly reddit is about as reliable as a Nigerian bank account, however considering most news networks are staunchly against the Hong Kong protests... because... China, you wont find a much more reliable source.

BBC: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-china-50465337
I don't like BBC too much, in fact I don't really like western media, however this is detailed coverage of the ongoing standoff at the university as of 19/11/2019.

The situation is rather dire, western countries are mostly unwilling to help whilst citizens are risking their lives fighting for a revolution to guarantee their freedom from a totalitarian state. Its also worth noting these protesters would rather die than face prosecution, hence why their fighting and tactics is desperate, and for good reason too. 
Violence is never the answer and I hate to see something that could easily be resolved diplomatically turn into such disarray, but I suppose we need to remember this is China, a world superpower that just so happens to be a totalitarian dictatorship surveillance state.

If you have any questions, thoughts, opinions or anything to add, feel free to leave a post below, I would appreciate it.
Hong Kong is a part of China. Simple as that.

[Image: 2000px-Flag_of_the_People%27s_Republic_of_China.svg.png]
In the Weyland Yutani clan Discord we're discussing it daily. We have a member from HK.
It as simple as China being China and quenching its lust for more power. The People of Hong Kong deserve more rights and freedoms as the agreement with Britain dictates, and as a Semi-Autonomous region. 

The protests have turned very violent. They are latching on to all they have left, because (generally) when it's gone, it's gone. Mainly through censoring and propaganda.

Hong Kong is thriving, only because of its lessened influence by totalitarian China. It would be a shame for Hong Kong to become less free.

I hope they make China think twice, and I wish them all the best in their quest to keep Hong Kong's values and decency alive for a little while longer. I doubt it however. I offer condolences to both security forces and protesters who are injured. Many of such people in the police, etc are only going by propaganda and what they perceive to be good.
fuck china
(Nov 20, 2019, 05:10 AM)Hungames Wrote: [ -> ]fuck china

Please don’t, it might reproduce

?!?!?!?!? What you say about China?
(Nov 19, 2019, 09:27 PM)Nudelsalat im Panzer Wrote: [ -> ]Hong Kong is a part of China. Simple as that.

[Image: 2000px-Flag_of_the_People%27s_Republic_of_China.svg.png]

not for the next 20 years it isn't, it's a semi-autonomous state
China is being a bit mean from what I have seen. Those people have done nothing