Limelight Forums

Full Version: Weed pots
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is it allowed for police to arrest someone for being in possession of pots due to their tag in them that says "Weed"

I've heard mixed feedback in-game on if its allowed and if its not - from administrators and players
I have heard yes more than no actually probably like 5 to 1
Arrests are in-character
Yeah arrests are IC, but you can easily talk your way out of it. Its just regular pots after all. Just always he careful, because some cops are not really in to roleplaying that you are growing tomatoes in those pots lol
I think this should probably be subject to another staff clarification. I've seen multiple staff members judging differently in this particular event.

In my opinion one should not be allowed to be arrested for having just those pots as those could literally be used for flowers or similar in real life. If the owner of the empty pots even roleplays it out by saying that they are used for flowers, tomatoes or similar I don't see a valid reason for an arrest. OOC one knows that those empty pots will be used for weed but IC that shouldn't be the case, at least in my opinion.
(Nov 18, 2019, 12:24 AM)kellekerell Wrote: [ -> ]I think this should probably be subject to another staff clarification. I've seen multiple staff members judging differently in this particular event.

In my opinion one should not be allowed to be arrested for having just those pots as those could literally be used for flowers or similar in real life. If the owner of the empty pots even roleplays it out by saying that they are used for flowers, tomatoes or similar I don't see a valid reason for an arrest. OOC one knows that those empty pots will be used for weed but IC that shouldn't be the case, at least in my opinion.

Well my argument to this is there is a tag on the pot that has the word "Weed", which gives me IC knowledge that that's what the pot is for
Some say yes, some say no. Just leave it to a staff vote because this subject is too controversial
(Nov 18, 2019, 12:46 AM)BasicallyMental Wrote: [ -> ]
(Nov 18, 2019, 12:24 AM)kellekerell Wrote: [ -> ]I think this should probably be subject to another staff clarification. I've seen multiple staff members judging differently in this particular event.

Well my argument to this is there is a tag on the pot that has the word "Weed", which gives me IC knowledge that that's what the pot is for

In real life you wouldn’t get arrested for having a weed tag on your pots, as long as you don’t grow weed of course. Yes indeed, you would be suspicious, but I don’t think that this leads to an arrest. 

That is just my opinion though, I might be wrong as well.
(Nov 17, 2019, 10:41 PM)Dan Wrote: [ -> ]Arrests are in-character

Generally arrests are IC. They still fall under 11.3 and 3.1.
So does this mean I can arrest for pots or would it not be allowed?
(Nov 28, 2019, 04:57 PM)BasicallyMental Wrote: [ -> ]So does this mean I can arrest for pots or would it not be allowed?

If you are a corrupt officer or been weed has been outlawed by the President then technically yes.
Closed and Archived.