Limelight Forums

Full Version: Crashing negates NLR?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is a confusing topic. Just like there was with corrupt officers like a year ago, there is no clear, straight answer for this topic.

If you crash (time out) and join back. Do you have NLR?

I would've thought NO.
My opinion is that NLR applies unless everyone involved in the RP situation agrees and wants to carry on. Or you get staff permission.

I've had staff members say: 'Crashing is like disconnecting, therefore NLR applies'.

Others have said: 'No, NLR doesn't apply because its a crash.'

I've been in situations where people have crashed during raids, rejoined then ran back because it was a crash and 'NLR doesn't apply'.

Hoping to get a clarification for this from staff and members of the community.

As I've said, my opinion is that NLR applies no matter if you disconnect, crash, time out or whatever. NLR is only negated at that point by staff permission or all involved persons agreeing to continue the RP.
NLR only applies to dying, in the last 4 years I have never seen anyone been punished for returning to a situation after disconnecting or crashing. However, this is just an observation and I'm sure HR will be able to provide better clarification
Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

As there's a level of uncertainty as made out by your post and the opinion of those voting on the poll, an internal thread has been made for admins to decide the best route forward. We'll be concluding in a couple of days or so and I'll update the thread when we've reached a consensus, as well as updating the clarifications thread.
Over the years of playing CityRP I've never once seen a case of NLR being enforced post-crash, usually because most roleplays are "reset" or broken after the restarts.
Unless it was specified by any affected party, crashing was never considered under NLR.
(Nov 12, 2019, 12:46 AM)Night Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

As there's a level of uncertainty as made out by your post and the opinion of those voting on the poll, an internal thread has been made for admins to decide the best route forward. We'll be concluding in a couple of days or so and I'll update the thread when we've reached a consensus, as well as updating the clarifications thread.
[Image: 8ckk93utbtn21.jpg]
[Image: 8ckk93utbtn21.jpg][Image: Dl4ynH9.jpg]
After discussion amongst the admin team, we feel the most appropriate way to proceed with this situation would be to enforce NLR on disconnect (for whatever reason, crashing included), but if you have the agreement of all involved parties or the approval of staff, then NLR can be voided.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention, I'll be updating the clarifications thread shortly with this stance.

Cheers.
(Nov 11, 2019, 02:34 PM)Faustin Wrote: [ -> ]NLR only applies to dying, in the last 4 years I have never seen anyone been punished for returning to a situation after disconnecting or crashing. However, this is just an observation and I'm sure HR will be able to provide better clarification

I tihnk Wheatcake means can you remember what happened before your crash IE: You know someone has weed you plan to raid. You crash. Can you come back on and raid.
(Nov 17, 2019, 02:30 PM)Oh Brin. Wrote: [ -> ]
(Nov 11, 2019, 02:34 PM)Faustin Wrote: [ -> ]NLR only applies to dying, in the last 4 years I have never seen anyone been punished for returning to a situation after disconnecting or crashing. However, this is just an observation and I'm sure HR will be able to provide better clarification

I tihnk Wheatcake means can you remember what happened before your crash IE: You know someone has weed you plan to raid. You crash. Can you come back on and raid.

Also there’s the fact that if you’re mid raid and crash or “crash”, you can come back from a new position outside the base, perfectly capable of killing your opponents from a new angle.
(Nov 17, 2019, 02:30 PM)Brin. Wrote: [ -> ]I tihnk Wheatcake means can you remember what happened before your crash IE: You know someone has weed you plan to raid. You crash. Can you come back on and raid.
(Nov 17, 2019, 02:47 PM)Montyfatcat Wrote: [ -> ]Also there’s the fact that if you’re mid raid and crash or “crash”, you can come back from a new position outside the base, perfectly capable of killing your opponents from a new angle.

There's nothing more to discuss. As Night said, any kind of disconnect (including crashing) causes NLR to apply. It is only void if all parties agree to continue the RP or staff permission is given.
If you crash during a raid, too bad. You have NLR. (Unless all parties agrees or you get staff permission)
If you crash in a traffic stop, too bad. You have NLR. (Unless all parties agree or you get staff permission)

Quote:Night:

After discussion amongst the admin team, we feel the most appropriate way to proceed with this situation would be to enforce NLR on disconnect (for whatever reason, crashing included), but if you have the agreement of all involved parties or the approval of staff, then NLR can be voided.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention, I'll be updating the clarifications thread shortly with this stance.

Cheers.
Just realised I've been reading this whole thread wrong and thought we were talking about a server crash not client crash... lol.