Limelight Forums

Full Version: Ban Appeal
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Your Name: Dav1d1050

Ban ID: [font=Roboto, sans-serif]9400[/font]

Banned by: [L²] Marsh 

Server: EU Main

Ban Reason: [font=Roboto, sans-serif]propblocking, basing to grow weed as mechanic (secluding himself and exeeding afk times (see rules 3.6, 3.7)[/font]

Why should you be unbanned?:  Right, firstly the prop blocking, the door had been blocked yes, but the gate was still able for use so u can still enter the building and the gate was an elevator with keypads. About the basing to grow weed. My friend ‍ was using my pots an  i collected a couple pieces but i wasnt basing with them as a mechanic nor was that the only reason my dupe was there. Exeeding afk times? If that means i was afk, i was. I was having my dinner with my family downstairs away from my computer. I was afk but i didn't think that i would be more than 5 minutes as I thought it was just dinner but instead my mum had made brownies.  Also 3.7? i was not raiding anyone i was afk. Also i would like to add that i find it very unfair that you didnt wait to hear my side of the story and just straight up banned me. I was at shock when i came back to see i had been banned, i thought u had the wrong person...

I was truly afk and wish u let me share my side of the story and we could have resolved this IG.

Evidence: [/url][font=Roboto, sans-serif][url=https://youtu.be/TXfr5Bxmxl0]https://youtu.be/TXfr5Bxmxl0[/font]
The staff-members have received your unban-request, Dav1d1050.

It will take a while for it to be reviewed.
Dear Dav1d,
thank you for your appeal.

The propblocking I was concerend about was the fence that was placed at the end of the warehouses driveway (where it connects to the actuall road), not the gate to the warehouse itself. It was blocking the entire driveway and was not turned into an elevator nor faiding door. (It was brought to my attention due to another player getting stuck in there). Ill happily have a double check on that though. Although it appears there was no option to acces your propperty at that time without moving said fence piece.

As for the violation of rule 3.6 its pretty self explanatory. This part will not be voided. Though if the other 2 issues turn out to be flawed the penalty will be altered to a warning. It is important though to stick by that rule. Especailly as a mechanic your services are needed, your absence can deeply impact other peoples gameplay.

In regards to rule 3.7 i will check your use of the pots once again. Though according to the logs and my personal obeservation you were using the pots to your advantage (even though you were farming with your friend).

The rule states:
"Do not lock yourself in a contraband room or otherwise seclude yourself from everyone and refuse to do your chosen Job’s task."

I will review the case and get back to you soon. Thank you for your concern.

with kind regards,
Marsh
as far as for rule 3.7 you are correct you didnt raid anyone. The rule that was violated was 3.7a indeed (fixed).
The rest requires a propper review.
(Nov 7, 2019, 05:30 PM)MrMarsh Wrote: [ -> ]The propblocking I was concerend about was the fence that was placed at the end of the warehouses driveway (where it connects to the actuall road), not the gate to the warehouse itself. It was blocking the entire driveway and was not turned into an elevator nor faiding door. (It was brought to my attention due to another player getting stuck in there). Ill happily have a double check on that though. Although it appears there was no option to acces your propperty at that time without moving said fence piece.

I do believe just before i went afk for dinner I had crashed. Or atleast it was very soon before. I swear i made it an elevator as it was part of the adv dupe. And elevators save with the dupe.
(Nov 7, 2019, 05:30 PM)MrMarsh Wrote: [ -> ]In regards to rule 3.7 i will check your use of the pots once again. Though according to the logs and my personal observation you were using the pots to your advantage (even though you were farming with your friend). 

The rule states:
"Do not lock yourself in a contraband room or otherwise seclude yourself from everyone and refuse to do your chosen Job’s task."

With the pots, my friend ‍ was using at the time as i was a mechanic obviously i can place them and it didnt hinder my work so I allowed him use to farm them. I do believe i took a few pieces and therefore planting them back for him but I didn't place them for the sole purpose of to farm them myself they were for ‍ .

About the rule statement, It was unfortunate that I left my character in ‍ weed room but my mum doesn't like waiting for me at the dinner table so I always have to rush what i'm doing to hop downstairs. I didn't refuse to do my job per say but on my part I should have selected the job role 'AFK' as you are right, it isnt fair to hog the 'Mechanic' role and potentially stop people Roleplaying.
Dear Dav1d,

As you stated yourself you were taking a bit from the pots, and then replacing it. Which describes the process of farming weed. Wether or not you gave that to your friend is not relevant in that regard.

As for the afk time im afraid i wont be able to change that much either. It is your responsbility to handle your account and although i completly understand that RL goes first and we all have stuff to do, it would not have taken long at all to quickly switch to afk). Especially in this job position this is needed.

Finally in regards to the problocking: the advanced duplicator does not save elevators. Please keep that in mind for future projects. Ive checked for keypads and tried to open it via use/e. But since its been spawned in via AD there was no way to open it.

Thus whilst this penalty has been a bit more severe then nescessary for each case individually, the combination of those 3 offenses created a worrying situation. I believe that there was no malicious intent behind your actions but I do also expect you to know better then this, and to avoid such situations in the future.

Therefore ill denie the report.
Yet I still wish you a good evening and a good return to the server.

with kind regards,
Marsh