Limelight Forums

Full Version: Laws not showing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
ID: 5dc07c6e6edc8f4426451c58

Server [EU Live/EU Build/US Live/US Build/Event]:
Live
Description:
laws dont show in F1 upon connection, you have to do /laws to see them, happens maybe 50% of the time
Bug observed since:
week or two
Images/Screenshots:
N/A

Steps to Reproduce:
Connect and you'll see the bug sometimes, seems like it's common among many players
Thank you for your bug-report, livkx!

It will be reviewed as soon as possible by our Developers.
Ticket Status Updated

Changed from New to Awaiting Confirmation
I was not able to reproduce this issue but I have found a couple of flaws in the code.

cl_laws.lua#L33 calls `` PANEL:Init() `` where it initializes the panel while calling `` net.Receive() `` (cl_laws.lua#L232) and `updateguilaws() `(cl_laws.lua#L239). The intial call to `updateguilaws() ` could potentially lead to race condition since ``net.Receive()`` is run in asynchronous context, causing the laws table to be void.

I'll leave this open until we get more reports on this.
Seen it happen a few times, disappears from F1 and you have to type /laws to get the laws - not sure I can provide anything valuable but I've seen it happen
From what I've seen, laws in the F1 menu don't work when you connect unless if one is added/removed
Fixed. The issue was the laws weren't sent on initial spawn (which is weird, because they are sent on _every_ spawn so I'm frankly not sure why it didn't work).