Limelight Forums

Full Version: SWFRS Fire Cadet AMA
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

Guv

These question things seems quite cool

So here's mine

I'm a fire cadet with South Wales Fire And Rescue

Any British Firefighting Questions You May Have, Or Questions About The Fire Cadets Course, Shoot Them My Way
Craziest fire?
Biggest hose?
What are y'alls shifts like? 24 on 48 off?

Guv

(Nov 1, 2019, 02:18 PM)Montyfatcat Wrote: [ -> ]Craziest fire?
No Fire Involved in the cadets D:, Though the other day i seen a fire alarm go off in a betting shop thats been ringing for about 2 days straight
(Nov 1, 2019, 05:24 PM)Tom* Wrote: [ -> ]Biggest hose?
The Biggest hose we got on out Cadet appliance would be The 70 Mil as we call it, which would mean 70 Millimetres Wide And Each hose on the Truck is 25 Meters Long, Using The 70Mil hose on the truck pumping water through it at about 20 bar pressure would probably empty the tank in about 3 Mins
(Nov 1, 2019, 06:18 PM)Dan Wrote: [ -> ]What are y'alls shifts like? 24 on 48 off?
Day Shift is 9AM - 6PM Night Shift 6PM - 9AM
70 mil? Roughly the size of 2 1/2"......... 1 3/4 is where its at. Lighter, more maneuverable, etc

#murica

Seriously though--

Best training story?
(Nov 4, 2019, 06:52 PM)Reebs Wrote: [ -> ]70 mil? Roughly the size of 2 1/2"......... 1 3/4 is where its at. Lighter, more maneuverable, etc

#murica

Seriously though--

Best training story?
Nobody understood that
(Nov 4, 2019, 07:32 PM)Ollie Wrote: [ -> ]
(Nov 4, 2019, 06:52 PM)Reebs Wrote: [ -> ]70 mil? Roughly the size of 2 1/2"......... 1 3/4 is where its at. Lighter, more maneuverable, etc

#murica

Seriously though--

Best training story?
Nobody understood that

Guv probably did lol

Different sizes of hoses. Both very dangerous if you lose control. A 70mil could prob kill you if you let that nozzle go. Inch and 3/4 could knock your teeth out.

Guv

‍ Would most probably kill you 

Best training story: ive only so far done a hose drill which is very basic stuff, but i have observed the more senior cadets do a house fire simulation. which again is some basic stuff with some drill commands involved, running a hose reel through a open gap in a wall up a staircase and back down again
Smooth Bore or Combination Nozzle?
Any training injuries yet?
are you a wetti?

Guv

(Nov 5, 2019, 05:30 PM)Reebs Wrote: [ -> ]Smooth Bore or Combination Nozzle?
We call them Branches over here, and i only think its 2 Types of them we got, one is you all purpose water shooting Branch, And another one is an adaptor to over the top of it for foam 
(Nov 5, 2019, 05:36 PM)Montyfatcat Wrote: [ -> ]Any training injuries yet?
Not so far

Guv

that gets mentioned every time i go to cadets
Pages: 1 2