Limelight Forums

Full Version: PR -> SpookyMyManAlex, [L²:RP]Blue_Juke_Box, [L²] Temar, SamuelSauce
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Reported Players: SpookyMyManAlex (STEAM_0:0:78191187)  () , [L²:RP]Blue_Juke_Box (STEAM_0:0:133864778)  () , [L²] Temar (STEAM_0:0:5119023)  () , SamuelSauce (STEAM_0:0:177306546)  ()
Server: EU Live
Time: 2019-Oct-29 23:52
Summary: It all starts with SpookyMyManAlex (STEAM_0:0:78191187) PM'ing me enquiring about buying some weapons. We talk some more and he says he wants a Benelli. I tell him the price, we haggle, blah blah.
Not long later, he and 3 other SWAT members, [L²:RP]Blue_Juke_Box (STEAM_0:0:133864778), [L²] Temar (STEAM_0:0:5119023) and SamuelSauce (STEAM_0:0:177306546) raid my house. SpookyMyManAlex seemed to refuse or ignore my request for a reason as to why he raided me. From what I can gather it was for: 'soliciting sales of illegal weapons' which was written on my arrest warrant at 05:25 in the video.
The reason couldn't be for having weed as SamuelSauce at 04:24 in the video says "Is weed illegal?" SpookyMyManAlex then responds with "I dunno, I'm more bothered about the guns." This shows that they didn't know the current laws that well in the first place and clearly weren't looking for weed (even though weed was 'LEGAL to manufacture, distribute and consume').

It's clear that SpookyMyManAlex was raiding me for the reason: 'selling illegal weapons', however I do not see it anywhere in the laws at the time that states that selling any kind of firearm is illegal. Sure, 'non-concealed carry weaponry is ILLEGAL'. But simply selling it is no issue in my eyes.

Note: Unsure if anyone other than SpookyMyManAlex should be involved in this report as they were probably either just blindly following SpookyMyManAlex to a raid or didn't give two craps about the reasoning behind it.

Rules broken:
12.1 - You need a valid reason to raid the President (or anyone else). Do not raid the president for money, because of high taxes, because you don’t like certain laws (unless they drastically impact your character), or as retaliation for being arrested by the police due to your own actions. Before raiding the president, you need to show that you have attempted and exhausted the possibility of a peaceful resolution. You need to have an appropriate underground job set via /job before raiding anyone – don’t raid as the default “Citizen” job without using /job first.

Note: I attempted to solve this in-game as there was at least 4 different staff members on at the time. As usual, I waited over half an hourand when I got a reply from a staff member it was 'we deal with every report properly' which is usually what I'm told. About another 10 minutes go by, all the staff had dropped off the server apart from Temar. Who I didn't expect to deal with anything.

Evidence: The video of the raid is here.
The screenshot of console showing entirety of the PM's myself and SpookyMyManAlex shared here.
The current laws at the time of the raid here and here.
Moved to staff reports, as per policy.
"Non concealed carry weaponry is illegal" - from the way it is written I have to understand any weaponry which cannot be concealed carry is illegal outright, not just the usage of them. Even if that was not the intention of the law, which I have no way of knowing, it could most certainly be interpreted that way.

Raid seems valid from my point of view.
Alright, I've watched the video. I must say, I agree with Overlewd's comments here. This just looks like a standard sting operation, this is a regular occurence and I'm surprised you didn't take a bit more care in, if you did then perhaps we wouldn't be discussing this. However, that aside, I don't actually find any wrongdoing from anyone, including Temar, in the video you've provided.

You were selling weapons, weapons that would be considered illegal in the laws you shown in your OP which would justify the reason for the raid.
Seeing as me and Night agree without any possible doubts, this PR/SR is closed, no wrongdoings have been noted by any of the reported players.

No further action will be taken.