Limelight Forums

Full Version: Halloween
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Halloween is almost here, and I was wondering what traditions your countries have for this day or how you celebrate it.

Trick or treat has never really been a thing here, kids mostly wear costumes and go to parks or whatever. For adults it's really just used as an excuse to party on a weekday (if it's on a weekday).
Olsen days in the UK we carved swedes instead of pumpkins, according to parents. Halloween in England is a lot like the typical American Halloween these days, although less wholesome because of scary costume culture.
All Hallows' Eve, vigil Mass for the Solemnity of All Saints' Day (a Holy Day of Obligation). Remember the Litany of Saints, and pray for the souls of all the faithful departed. And I keep to the tradition of baking soul cakes.

It is originally a Catholic festival after all (allhallowtide)...
Sit in the house with CoD and mexican food
In Germany that trick or treat thing is called „Süßes oder Saures“ (Sweet or sour“, don’t ask me why xD)

In Germany smaller children (8-14) go around the neighborhood and ask for sweets etc. That changes though, less and less people seem to care about it. 

There is still often that Halloween vibe (Halloween pumpkins around, some events, supermarkets filled with Halloween stuff etc) but other than that I feel like most people just sit at home and enjoy the evening, not more. This also includes me Big Grin
In England we push kids over and steal their buckets of Harribows
I like to invite my friends over to watch scary movies. I even decorate my room to look a bit spooky. This year I can't find my decorations anymore though so ‍ will not have the full Halloween experience. 

This year I also want to try a halloween-dinner recipe. I have to find one still, but it'll be good!
I'm down to hand sweets out to the kids that are trick or treating, sucks that I live on a third floor flat so I don't get any. 😕
(Oct 30, 2019, 02:52 PM)Ben Wrote: [ -> ]I'm down to hand sweets out to the kids that are trick or treating, sucks that I live on a third floor flat so I don't get any. 😕

Same I live on the outside of my village and only about 5 people come everyone year because most people don't even know where I live exists. But the less kids I have to give to the more sweets for me I guess.
halloween is party time
Light up a candle on your relatives graves

Get shitfaced at club and have an excuse for looking like a terrorist