Limelight Forums

Full Version: Game Crash after ~30 Minutes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
ID: 5db20aecd44dae058c74ef07

Server: EU Live
Description: The game crashes without fail after 30 minutes to 1 hour. I can't figure out what could be causing it but I can certainly say it is specific to this server. The game closes instantly without giving any warning or error message. It has caused me to drop out during roleplay scenarios on a number of occasions. I haven't found any way to reproduce it so thought I could log it here and if it isn't known I suppose I will have to reinstall Garry's Mod and see if that fixes it for me.
Bug observed since: N/A
Images/Screenshots: N/A
Steps to Reproduce: N/A
Thank you for your bug-report, Tyla Jai!

It will be reviewed as soon as possible by our Developers.
Switch to 64 bit

https://www.reddit.com/r/gmod/comments/c...in_64_bit/
The LimeLight Server has a lot of content and thus also takes up some performance. GMOD runs on 32 bit by default which means that it can use less resources. Switching to the 64bit Beta (which is not too old I believe) will make your GMOD be able to use more resources which will prevent crashing most likely. 

These timed crashes (each hour or so) are almost certainly the fault of running on 32 bit. Everybody (including me) was able to get rid of these crashes since using the 64bit Beta version.

So what ‍ said is most likely going to fix your issue. To sum it up: Close GMOD -> right click GMOD in your Steam Library -> Click on Properties -> Go to Betas -> Select the 64bit version in the drop down menu. This will cause your PC to download a tiny bit and once you start the game make sure to select the 64bit version.
I've enabled it and will give it a go, cheers gents.
Unfortunately this didn't fix my issue, my game has crashed after about 45 minutes.
Could be down to drivers, Check em

Or hardware, What are your specs
You might have too many addons installed mate. Could you please check on that?
(Oct 25, 2019, 10:34 PM)Tom* Wrote: [ -> ]Could be down to drivers, Check em

Drivers are up to date, below is a copy of my specs:

GPU: GeForce GTX 1080
CPU: Intel® Core™ i5-8400 CPU @ 2.80GHz
Memory: 32 GB RAM (31.82 GB RAM usable)
Current resolution: 1920 x 1080, 240Hz
Operating system: Microsoft Windows 10 Home
(Oct 25, 2019, 11:40 PM)kellekerell Wrote: [ -> ]You might have too many addons installed mate. Could you please check on that?

I have 126 addons, which basically comes down to addons for this server, another server and the TDM Cars Pack, with a few extras added on.
(Oct 30, 2019, 05:52 PM)Tyla Jai Wrote: [ -> ]
(Oct 25, 2019, 10:34 PM)Tom* Wrote: [ -> ]Could be down to drivers, Check em

Drivers are up to date, below is a copy of my specs:

GPU: GeForce GTX 1080
CPU: Intel® Core™ i5-8400 CPU @ 2.80GHz
Memory: 32 GB RAM (31.82 GB RAM usable)
Current resolution: 1920 x 1080, 240Hz
Operating system: Microsoft Windows 10 Home

Hardware shouldn't be a problem, You're not running out of memory
Switch to 64-bit Garry's Mod. You can this by right clicking GMOD on the Steam library, Properties, Beta's and select x64 build.
‍ This was already suggested but as Tyla already said, this did not fix their issue. Just read through the thread Wink

‍ Would you mind trying to uninstall the addons which are not needed for LimeLight?
(Oct 30, 2019, 06:40 PM)kellekerell Wrote: [ -> ]‍ This was already suggested but as Tyla already said, this did not fix their issue. Just read through the thread Wink

‍ Would you mind trying to uninstall the addons which are not needed for LimeLight?

Yeah sure will try that, I will post a reply with an update soon
Have you tried verifying game files before starting Garry's Mod? I had the same problem and verifying game files every time before I joined fixed it for me.
Pages: 1 2