Limelight Forums

Full Version: PR -> Tom
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Reported Players: Tom (STEAM_0:0:142829505) ()
Server: EU Live
Time: 2019-Oct-20 13:50
Summary: The base shown in the screenshots is definitely a doomfort. According to and , the base has been confirmed not to be a doomfort by , but looking at the material it clearly is one.

Going up the only ladder/entrance will lead to instant death, the walls surrounding the ladder are also thin enough to shoot trough them.
Evidence: https://imgur.com/a/RU9quT1
I also have a recording available, if required.
The ladder has bulletproof Material all around to protect whoever is climbing it. At the top of the ladder, You fly above that platform making it almost impossible to actually kill anyone, As well as that no one was stood there shooting. To be honest I see very little reason to call this a doomfort. Wherever we can shoot you, You can shoot back. We can't help that the ladders are their whatever we do to the ladder we can stop the disadvantage that comes with it.

I'll happily run whoever through the dupe when they want
Surely the covered ladder is disadvantaging the defenders? If it can be shot through anyway, why would we block our view of you to shoot you? Surely it would be a stronger base without the paper-thin walls?
(Oct 20, 2019, 04:18 PM)Tom* Wrote: [ -> ]The ladder has bulletproof Material all around to protect whoever is climbing it.

Ketchup and I tried exactly that. The material is not bulletproof and Ketchup nearly died from my shells going right through it.
That's my mistake, We still lose line of sight So we can't shoot you, And bare in mind you can Shoot us through our floors and our barricade as its all made from the same stuff.
(Oct 20, 2019, 04:31 PM)Tom* Wrote: [ -> ]That's my mistake, We still lose line of sight So we can't shoot you, And bare in mind you can Shoot us through our floors and our barricade as its all made from the same stuff.

I do not think that there is any mistake on your side anyway. More the fact that such a base was approved by staff.
Requesting closure of the PR. It would be absolute bullshit to actually punish a player for something that was checked by staff.
(Oct 20, 2019, 04:18 PM)Tom* Wrote: [ -> ]The ladder has bulletproof Material all around to protect whoever is climbing it. At the top of the ladder, You fly above that platform making it almost impossible to actually kill anyone, As well as that no one was stood there shooting. To be honest I see very little reason to call this a doomfort. Wherever we can shoot you, You can shoot back. We can't help that the ladders are their whatever we do to the ladder we can stop the disadvantage that comes with it.

That material is not bulletproof and never has been. I remember when we added the new guns and everyone's dupes using that material had to be changed because their cover was basically nullified. A pistol can pierce that material.

(Oct 20, 2019, 04:18 PM)Tom* Wrote: [ -> ]Wherever we can shoot you, You can shoot back.

This is blatantly false. Since the material is not bulletproof you can kill someone in the ladder and they cannot shoot you. You could also just look down the chute and shoot them. While it may be hard to know if you're hitting someone it only takes 2 people to absolutely pepper that small area with bullets and weaken defenseless attackers.

[Image: lqnHMea.jpg]

This portion concerns me the most. There is a rather large delay from when attackers surface to when they can actually shoot someone who is guarding the hole.
[Image: oEzzyJq.jpg?1]

As you can see in this screenshot I made even at the top of the ladder you do not get your gun back yet. That gives defenders ample time to slaughter attackers. If you're prepared you could probably get two shotgun blasts into someone's face which would be almost certain death and that's before they could even hit you.

(Oct 20, 2019, 04:18 PM)Tom* Wrote: [ -> ]We can't help that the ladders are their whatever we do to the ladder we can stop the disadvantage that comes with it.

No one is forcing you to base there. There is no requirement to make aggressive RP bases. If you can't make a base that's not a doomfort there then don't build there.

With that said, I can appreciate how you could think the material is bulletproof. It looks like it should be. It seems like you used it for your own cover too so I believe you.
‍ can you post the video or at least PM it to me?
I'll send you a pm when the recording is uploaded. 2 short clips.

‍ Pm'd you.
(Oct 20, 2019, 04:21 PM)Nudelsalat im Panzer Wrote: [ -> ]
(Oct 20, 2019, 04:18 PM)Tom* Wrote: [ -> ]The ladder has bulletproof Material all around to protect whoever is climbing it.

Ketchup and I tried exactly that. The material is not bulletproof and Ketchup nearly died from my shells going right through it.

Can confirm I was reduced to around 60-80 HP from one shotgun shell through the material.
Iirc I told Tom to get rid of / lower the barricade at the top of the ladder. I thought those platings were bullet resistant and seeing the cover Tom provided over the ladder i saw no problems with it (other than the lone plate barricade) that along side the fact that climbers has such a delay on weapons (something i was unaware of, thought you could shoot while climbing) 

The best way to deduce if something is a doomfort is to actually raid it, something I didnt have the oppertunity to do back when I approved it to not be doomfort.

I do agree with Nudel though, Tom is not really at fault as it is more my mistake than his.
Yeah, I'm not looking to punish anyone here as it is not that bad. It does seem that at least 1 cop was killed in the ladder way before being able to return fire to the attackers.

I am going to go ahead and approve this. I don't have any preference for how you do this, but the dupe should be altered such that attackers can at least get their guns out before they can be engaged. This can be in the form of a small barrier that prevent defenders from seeing them or something more creative if you wish.

To be clear, no punishments are being issued. Just fix the dupe.