Limelight Forums

Full Version: UBR
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Your Name: Ollie

Ban ID: 9331

Banned by: [L²:M] Wesley

Server: V4B1

Ban Reason: Violation of Rule 3.1 - RDM/insufficient reason or invalid background to kill someone.

Why should you be unbanned?: As a mafia member you are allowed to take revenge on somebody that reports
or snitches on you to the police (It also says nowhere I can't). I have done the same multiple times before but I have never been punished for doing
so. I had my job title set to 'Harrison Mafia' aswell. I had a reason to take revenge as my crimes would have got me in
jail. It wasn't like I randomly killed him for the sakes of doing so.

Evidence: None
The staff-members have received your unban-request, Ollie.

It will take a while for it to be reviewed.
Hello Ollie,

Another staff member and myself have looked over the logs and footage before I decided to punish you over it.
The job background is completely fine, hence why you didn't get suspended over that. Rule 3.1 (Your character needs to have a valid in-character reason for their actions, especially ones that harm or otherwise affect other players. The action needs to be appropriate to the reason e.g massacring the entire police force is not an appropriate response to being hit with a baton by a single corrupt officer) however, was violated because you lured out an action towards a player which obviously resulted into him calling in a simple 911, was deemed to be insufficient and invalid to kill said player over.

"/911 the desert tan h1 at %l just rammed my car out of the way so he could repair his instead"

You inflicted an action upon a player that was, in my opinion, unnecessary if you wanted to stay under the radar so badly as a 'mafia member'. It caused him to call 911, like anyone else would, which resulted in you not taking (less harming) action immediately but instead waiting outside of the city to ambush him minutes later.

Not only that, but you also have about ten-ish priors in regards to misuse of your weapons/invalid and/or insufficient reasons to injure/kill players at about 820 hours in this community. I would have expected better roleplay behind your action(s) that day.

Do you have any further evidence of the player actively trying to reveal you as a 'mafia member' to the government other than him reporting you for ramming his vehicle randomly? Then please submit it before I pass this on for evaluation.

It wasn't just the /911 call that made me do it, it was also the fact that I had followed him around for a short while trying to speak to him and that's how it escalated to me killing him. I didn't just kill him straight after the call. I took a passive aggressive route following him around the city before escalating to taking him out.
(Oct 20, 2019, 01:52 PM)Ollie Wrote: [ -> ]
It wasn't just the /911 call that made me do it, it was also the fact that I had followed him around for a short while trying to speak to him and that's how it escalated to me killing him. I didn't just kill him straight after the call. I took a passive aggressive route following him around the city before escalating to taking him out.

I'll look at these new statements later on today. If you have any evidence to back those claims up, please do add it.
(Oct 19, 2019, 04:03 PM)Ollie Wrote: [ -> ]I had a reason to take revenge as my crimes would have got me in
jail.

After reviewing the evidence from our point of view;

How comes you decided to follow him around, on-foot, in the presence of two officers, the president and himself at one point in time if you wanted to avoid being placed in jail?

How comes you followed him around, on-foot, brandishing a firearm on a populated street, if you wanted to aovid being placed in jail?

How did you know that ramming his vehicle at AMPM - as that is what the initial 911 call went out for - would have got you thrown in jail?

From the footage that I have seen, the way you undertook action was insufficient and invalid to kill someone over. Especially because it was an action you lured out against him to begin with.
‍ 

Please provide an answer in the next 24 hours with a maximum until Sunday 24 October 2019, or the suspension appeal will be denied for lack of interest/evidence.
Denied

Closed for failing to appear / reply before set date. In regards to the killing, because of insufficient background roleplay, reasoning or evidence given in the suspension appeal, the suspension and blacklist will stand as issued.