Limelight Forums

Full Version: Banned for 'Minging' and 'Breaking several rules'
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Your Name: Besmir H

Ban ID: 9329

Banned by:
[L²:M] Aryen https://limelightgaming.net/forums/membe...e&uid=5668

Server: steam://connect/51.254.57.133:27030/

Ban Reason: 'Only here to minge. Several rule breaks.'

Why should you be unbanned?:

I'm bemused to why I'm banned for a week as ( I admit ) I killed two of my friends to get out of prison,
which obviously is a rule break. However, claiming that I was minging and that was the only reason why I joined the
server is laughable as if that was the case I would've been 'minging' from the minute I got on not all of a sudden
and I broke two rules, which doesn't imply that I wasn't minging at all. I didn't realize I was a citizen, which is my own fault but to claim that I was minging is false and in my opinion, 7 days is inappropriate.

Evidence: Not needed.
The staff-members have received your unban-request, BesmirH.

It will take a while for it to be reviewed.
Hello BesmirH,

I had several reports about different rule violations and based on the evidence I had, I thought 7 days was a high, but fair ban. You and your friends were warned several times, and after watching you for a while, the rule violations were intentional, you knew what you were doing was against the rules, yet still did them. Your friend even asked me to give you permission to do them, which clearly makes it seem as if you're just minging around, breaking the rules for entertainment. I hope this suspension helps you reflect.
You need to specify what rule violations I committed as I'm puzzled to what rules I broke, other than the two I mentioned. I don't know what friend told you to 'give permission' but I wasn't involved in that at all, and obviously I was playing for entertainment, why else would you play games for? 

I don't need to time to reflect (especially SEVEN days) as I already know what I did wrong.
(Oct 18, 2019, 04:58 PM)BesmirH Wrote: [ -> ]You need to specify what rule violations I committed as I'm puzzled to what rules I broke, other than the two I mentioned. I don't know what friend told you to 'give permission' but I wasn't involved in that at all, and obviously I was playing for entertainment, why else would you play games for? 

I don't need to time to reflect (especially SEVEN days) as I already know what I did wrong.

You and your friends were involved in several rule breaks, some of them being invalid reason to kill the president and spawnkill and prop surfing and pushing at Mainstreet. I gave your group enough warnings before I caught you sneaking into jails as "Citizen" and killing your arrested friends for no valid reason. 

As I said, 7 days might've been harsh but it's fair considering I gave you many chances to stop, and it all just seemed intentional from my point of view.
First of all, I didn’t kill any government officials, second, you didn’t give our ‘group’ any warnings as I wasn’t ever in an admin sit with you. Thirdly, I didn’t prop push or prop surfing so you’ve banned me for 7 days for invalid reasons and never questioned me about anything.
Hi Besmir.

I've been asked to review this unban appeal, so here's my thoughts.

Speaking to Aryen, he's had to give out warnings to your group (noted, not you directly) to stop with prop related offences which could be seen as minging which would explain the reason, but I would have only applied this sort of reason if there were numerous instances. Even with this aside, you've admitted (as well as logs proving this) that you killed your two friends whilst in jail. This is obviously an offence as you've noted, and you were banned for this.

Looking at the logs, you weren't warned directly thus it wouldn't be fair of me to allow the full week's suspension to stand, so I'll be amending the reason to reflect RDM and I'll knock three days off your suspension too. If you were involved in these prop offences, then I'll warn you now this shouldn't be happening and I expect much better going forward from you and the other members in this group of yours.

As the suspension itself will stand, the appeal will be denied but please see my notes above.

Thank you.