Limelight Forums

Full Version: AFK while not AFK
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
ID: 5da88f24836b3c493fdc5030

Server [EU Live/EU Build/US Live/US Build/Event]: live
Description: People can be moved to AFK while not AFK. Specifically, the president can  be moved to AFK while using commands (such as making laws) but not moving.
Bug observed since: no idea
Images/Screenshots: not relevant
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Be president
2. Stay still
3. Write laws for long enough to be moved to AFK
4. Voila

Applies to other jobs / commands too, pres is just very notable example. IMO, running commands / sending chats should reset AFK timer just like moving would
Thank you for your bug-report, goigle!

It will be reviewed as soon as possible by our Developers.
(Oct 17, 2019, 05:58 PM)Limelight Gaming Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you for your bug-report, goigle!

i'm literally a dev whatchu mean limelight
(Oct 17, 2019, 05:58 PM)goigle Wrote: [ -> ]
(Oct 17, 2019, 05:58 PM)Limelight Gaming Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you for your bug-report, goigle!

i'm literally a dev whatchu mean limelight

well then fix it.
been reported in the past, temar has said that the AFK thing only checks for movement, you need to move once atleast every 15 minutes. pretty sure he also said its intentional.
I also received warning messages sometimes stating I will soon be marked as afk or so... It shouldn’t be too hard finishing the law you’re currently typing or just copy it with CTRL + C (preferably twice just to be sure), close the F1 menu, just make a step and you can basically continue. 

That is what I did when I got this warning... Agreed, it might be a bit annoying if you need some time to input your laws but it should be doable Smile

Considering it’s intentional as Project said these are basically the easiest ways to not lose your presidency Tongue
yea i mainly marked it for myself, at a minimum it should not do it for president as it's just clunky design imo. players shouldn't have to arbitrarily work around a system
Ticket Status Updated

Changed from New to Assigned (James)
We dont wana add too much or anything else pref that resets afk timer as this makes it easier to avoid afk while afk