Limelight Forums

Full Version: Sticky McLaren
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
ID: 5da86964f2cabc3a2e04e339

Description: The McLaren has the potential to be a fun, luxury car. It has it's flaws. The speed of the McLaren may be one of them. Top speed, whilst this is fine, it's the acceleration. Man, this is one slippy car when accelerating. The back end of this car likes to stick out more than Waldo does in his books. Turning the vehicle just causes an instant "drift" which feels like driving on ice on EvoCity's roads in 75F heat..
Bug observed since: The damn release of this awesome car.
Images/Screenshot: N/A Can upload videos if needed. But I think everyone is aware of the awful handling of this car.

Steps to Reproduce: Slow the acceleration, like the Tesla, it has just enough acceleration and handling to turn the twisty corners of grassy fields without issue. It's like a breath of fresh air! The acceleration may not be the issue, it could be that the car's model isn't correct forcing the car to drive like ice rather than "stick" to the ground like it a bloody super car should. For $2,000,000 In-game, players (Including myself) would expect to fly round corners without spinning out into a tree and dying on scene due to the lack of paramedics. Thus resulting in nobody liking the car, and sticking to Teslas, for fast and "sticky" transport. The server has a wide variety of vehicles, but some of them handle poorly due to a similar reason one way or another.

Thanks for taking the time to read this. I hope something can be done about this. If not, the car should just be removed as it's physically impossible to drive unless you're fine with breaking your "W" key by tapping it 1,000x to go 20MPH.

Have a good day.

Cheet.

Thank you for your bug-report, Cheet!

It will be reviewed as soon as possible by our Developers.
Ticket Status Updated

Changed from New to Assigned
Ticket Status Updated

Changed from Assigned to New
Ticket Status Updated

Changed from New to Awaiting Confirmation
This *technically* is just how the author of the vehicle made the car. It's not good, I agree. I don't own one but when impounding one as cop I've felt the "oh no" of pressing W only to have a wild ride to the Nexus.

I'm closing this as it's not a bug and there's an approved vehicle handling fix suggestion:
https://limelightgaming.net/forums/thread-24686.html

It names specific cars but we aim to take a look at all of them. If by any chance you're feeling generous, you can take a crack at editing the vehicle handling using this tool:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f...=345123840

It can be a little finicky.