Limelight Forums

Full Version: Cops and the stupid rules
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Can we like restrict cops from what they can do. Every single cop is corrupt and it's getting annoying. Bumping into a cop and then pulling into a parking lot after I get pulled over. Then he says oh you failed to yield to emergency lights and were evading + assaulting him with a deadly weapon like what the fuck.
Atleast restrict them from doing shit like the president fex needs permission to be a dictator and is limited to what he can do. Why is there no rules against cops being corrupt and shit... Like what the FUCK atleast restrict them from what they can do.........
Sounds like a personal problem.
Restrict them in what way exactly?
Correct me if I am wrong, but I haven't really read back in your story you ever tried to take it up to a supervisor or submit a complaint?
(Oct 6, 2019, 10:09 PM)Wesley Lawrence Wrote: [ -> ]Correct me if I am wrong, but I haven't really read back in your story you ever tried to take it up to a supervisor or submit a complaint?

The issue is that a lot of supervisors frankly don’t give a fuck, because every officer is “corrupt” when they pull someone over. Part of this is the players who think every arrest is bullshit, the issue is that even when corrupt cops ARE caught, we only end up seeing them given a slap on the wrist again and again and again. Calling a supervisor almost never works.
(Oct 6, 2019, 10:30 PM)Montyfatcat Wrote: [ -> ]
(Oct 6, 2019, 10:09 PM)Wesley Lawrence Wrote: [ -> ]Correct me if I am wrong, but I haven't really read back in your story you ever tried to take it up to a supervisor or submit a complaint?

The issue is that a lot of supervisors frankly don’t give a fuck, because every officer is “corrupt” when they pull someone over. Part of this is the players who think every arrest is bullshit, the issue is that even when corrupt cops ARE caught, we only end up seeing them given a slap on the wrist again and again and again. Calling a supervisor almost never works.

So like IRL then lol

Its RP after all
So just to be clear:

Your upset that most times police are corrupt in some way, an IC action and IC trait

Your solution is to apply arbitrary OOC restrictions to the players to FORCE them to act a certain away, under threat of OOC severe punishment?

This is the opposite route LL needs to take.
(Oct 6, 2019, 09:43 PM)[L²:RP] Pootis Heavy Wrote: [ -> ]Can we like restrict cops from what they can do. Every single cop is corrupt and it's getting annoying. Bumping into a cop and then pulling into a parking lot after I get pulled over. Then he says oh you failed to yield to emergency lights and were evading + assaulting him with a deadly weapon like what the fuck.
Atleast restrict them from doing shit like the president fex needs permission to be a dictator and is limited to what he can do. Why is there no rules against cops being corrupt and shit... Like what the FUCK atleast restrict them from what they can do.........

So something that is completely legitimate and something that you'd be pulled over for IRL? Like the previous posters have said, it sounds like a personal problem to me, unnecessary OOC restrictions wouldn't make sense in a case like this...
Yep, I totally agree with ‍ and ‍. 

I know the feeling of getting arrested/raided/pulled over for a shit reason, it can sometimes be really annoying (e.g. getting raided before having made profit with the contra you have). But at the end of the day it is Roleplay. Police is sometimes corrupt, other people often have different views on things than you have, and this also happens in-game. Also, people do mistakes (e.g. confuse you with another person), which is why you’re able to report these things to the supervising police chief in-game. If he ignores you etc, you had some bad luck. No reason to be so annoyed about it... 

Also, with good Roleplay you can often minimize your punishment or do other things that benefit you in-game. LimeLight at the end of the day is about Roleplay and things that are possible in real life can also happen there. The best tip is to just roleplay it out and get the best out of it. Also, in my opinion it’s a lot of fun to actually argue with cops about stuff, at least when they don’t just arrest you right away once the pres passed the arrest warrant.

Powergaming would be punishable though. It’s well described in the rules but e.g. if a cop pulls you over, searches you, finds nothing and then /me‘s „Finds a Desert Eagle“, while you obviously do not have one, it’s an incident of powergaming as he basically makes you guilty of something while that isn’t even the case. That would be reportable and is already punishable, according to the rules.

Greetings
(Oct 6, 2019, 09:43 PM)[L²:RP] Pootis Heavy Wrote: [ -> ]Can we like restrict cops from what they can do. Every single cop is corrupt and it's getting annoying. Bumping into a cop and then pulling into a parking lot after I get pulled over. Then he says oh you failed to yield to emergency lights and were evading + assaulting him with a deadly weapon like what the fuck.

stop being a bitch nigga then and kill the cop
(Oct 7, 2019, 02:31 AM)greg Wrote: [ -> ]

stop being a bitch nigga then and kill the cop

I can't say this is completely wrong, albeit there is a few things you need to do before you do that.

There are a few ways to fuck with a corrupt cop, legit ways and not so legit ways, choose a path according to your character go from there.

Guv

when it comes to corruption IC or any form of misconduct i always make sure that the relevant "corrupt" cops put back into line or terminated off duty. as a sergeant in the MCSO i have a duty to supervise everyone in my division out on the road. so i always keep an eye on everything anyways 

like everyone else said, sounds like a personal problem
They way I see it is that cops have the freedom they have so they actually get some fear/respect. you know whats gonna happen if you dont pull over, you know what can happen if you're big mouthed.

As for the corruption side of things, there are already restirction of what they can and cannot do.

There's also people you can come to and ask for help Wink

Your example is a realistic scenario and at no point have you said if you ACTUALLY did those thing or not. If you didn't, there are many ways you can counter police IC. Police are allowed certain freedoms to give incentive to play them and to establish their power. Corrupt PD has always been a heavily restricted part of the rules and your example seems to display the most standard, non-corrupt a police interaction gets. 

If there is something we need to change, what should be done? You don't seem to be giving actual criticism, just "UwU I got stawped by tha powice owie >m<"
fuck 12
Pages: 1 2